Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid wont power on after 1st day of use!
About a week and a half ago i received my new Cuboid, this was working great, updated it to 3.1 and had the 200 watts!  After getting it working and tasting great with a new cubis tank it just stopped working and would not power on! I tried a new set of freshly charged batteries, nothing, tried the usb port, nothing, tried without cubis, nothing!  Its just totally dead and wont power on,  the batteries work in my other devices and in my 2 VTC-MINIs.  

I attempted to contact Joyetech support,  I had to send 4 emails over 3 days to finally get a response! They wanted a form filled out the first time, with the problem, s/n, and a picture of problem, so I sent that, next day they wanted pictures of the security code on the 90 day warranty card and the sales receipt, then the next day they wanted a video showing the problem.  I made a video show the problem, I even changed to another set of batteries in the video and in the video I said they were freshly and fully charged, the video showing it still would not power up, no display, hit the fire button 5 times to power it on, nothing, and 20 times and it would not even show the firmware version, nothing on display since it died. Then taking another day before they responded and they said from watching the video that I needed to charge if for several hours with the USB cord, I sent back a email that the usb does not work and that both set of batteries in the video were fully charged in a external charger.  Well that last email I sent was last Friday, still no response from service@joyetech.com. They have not offered to repair or replace it so far after a week!  

I liked it so much and wanted to use it that I ordered another one from a US Vape Shop and it arrived today, its working great so far, even with the batteries they said needed to be charged!  I hope it doesn't DIE like the first one. I almost decided not to buy another Joyetech product since they seem to not even care to offer to repair or replace it so far, even after asking a few times!

Hopefully Kermit will read this and get it fixed or replaced for me,  Hint, Hint!
Did you try returning it from where you purchased it or is it past their return policy date?
Hope you get it fixed. I am really enjoying mine so far trouble free

Sounds exactly like the nightmare I'm going through. Now I'm being asked to start all over again with a distributor in California, where I pay for shipping both ways. Yet they claim world class customer support. Good luck, I feel your pain.
Hey there, sorry for the late and inconvenience. I'll talk to the service department and expedite the replacement.
I have since received the USA service address to return it for repair/replacement after so many emails.  They received it in CA on Saturday 1/30/16, well see how long it takes to get it back to me.  

I have since bought a new Cubis last week and its working great and is now my goto mod for vaping.  

Using new Cuboid with Cubis w/.5 ss316 coils @32W using 500F in SS316 mode all weekend!
Very Constant and Smooth with ZERO leaks!
(02-02-2016, 07:07 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  
(02-02-2016, 05:42 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  I have since received the USA service address to return it for repair/replacement after so many emails.  They received it in CA on Saturday 1/30/16, well see how long it takes to get it back to me.  

I have since bought a new Cubis last week and its working great and is now my goto mod for vaping.  

Using new Cuboid with Cubis w/.5 ss316 coils @32W using 500F in SS316 mode all weekend!

Hopefully sorted then

Let us know the outcome  酷

Well just received a new Cuboid today from the service center.  It was just way too many emails to get the address out of them to return it too.  There is no address in the manual or in the package, so your stuck with having to jump through hoops to get them to tell you where to send it in to.  Service center was quick to send me a new one, they sent me a new one after they had it for 3 days and sent it 2-day priority, like I sent it to them.  

It should not be so hard to get Joyetech to honor a warranty on a brand new device!  In the process of doing this I have read that many people are complaining about having to jump through hoops to get their warranted products repaired or replaced.

I still think Joyetech has some great products, but they still "NEED TO IMPROVE THE WARRANTY RETURN PROCESS"!
(02-06-2016, 02:33 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(02-02-2016, 05:42 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  I have since received the USA service address to return it for repair/replacement after so many emails.  They received it in CA on Saturday 1/30/16, well see how long it takes to get it back to me.  

Hopefully sorted then

Well just received a new Cuboid today from the service center.  It was just way too many emails to get the address out of them to return it too.  There is no address in the manual or in the package, so your stuck with having to jump through hoops to get them to tell you where to send it in to.  Service center was quick to send me a new one, they sent me a new one after they had it for 3 days and sent it 2-day priority, like I sent it to them.  

It should not be so hard to get Joyetech to honor a warranty on a brand new device!  In the process of doing this I have read that many people are complaining about having to jump through hoops to get their warranted products repaired or replaced.

I still think Joyetech has some great products, but they still "NEED TO IMPROVE THE WARRANTY RETURN PROCESS"!

hey you think you can let me know what nubmer you called and what the address was for that service center? I have the same problem with mine
(04-16-2016, 11:05 AM)charloshu Wrote:  
(02-06-2016, 02:33 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  

Hopefully sorted then

hey you think you can let me know what nubmer you called and what the address was for that service center? I have the same problem with mine

Have you sent a email to service@joyetech.com and explained your problem. I think they have to approve your return before the service center will replace it for you. You will have to supply the warranty card scratch off and a copy of the invoice from where you bought it. I had to send all that and a copy of all the emails from Joyetech customer service.