Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warranty Problems
问题 
Hi all, thought I'd post my experience for you. I recently quit smoking by switching to vaping. I purchased the EGO One 2200 at my local retailer. I had this device for 2 months and the power button stopped working properly. I went back to my retailer and showed them and they verified it was indeed a problem but their policy for returns and warranty at the store was long over and asked me to contact Joyetech directly. I did and they sent me a form to fill out and to include serial number photo to show it was genuine which I did. At this point Joyetech refused to help and said I can contact one of their dealers in the States in California (I live in Toronto Canada) Pay postage to return the faulty battery and pay return postage to have a new battery sent out. These costs exceed what a new battery would cost and of course would leave me without my vaporizer for an extended period of time. In essence Joyetech purposely dodged offering warranty on their product by making it inconvenient and more expensive for me to try to make a warranty claim. While it worked I did think it was an OK product but now that I have to replace it as Joyetech is avoiding the warranty claim I can't think of a reason why I would purchase another one of their products. I had suggested to them the proper way to deal with this for me as a customer was to authorize the dealer I purchased it at to handle the warranty claim. Obviously I am not impressed.
Dear tkvapes, sorry to hear the problem. Actually, if the store won't do the replacement, we'll help then. And normally customers need to send their device to our service center to check. Once received and confirmed, we'll arrange to send you the replacement. As for customers in US and Canada, we only have the US service for you. Hope you may understand.
(01-19-2016, 05:56 AM)tkvapes Wrote:  Hi all, thought I'd post my experience for you. I recently quit smoking by switching to vaping. I purchased the EGO One 2200 at my local retailer. I had this device for 2 months and the power button stopped working properly. I went back to my retailer and showed them and they verified it was indeed a problem but their policy for returns and warranty at the store was long over and asked me to contact Joyetech directly. I did and they sent me a form to fill out and to include serial number photo to show it was genuine which I did. At this point Joyetech refused to help and said I can contact one of their dealers in the States in California (I live in Toronto Canada) Pay postage to return the faulty battery and pay return postage to have a new battery sent out. These costs exceed what a new battery would cost and of course would leave me without my vaporizer for an extended period of time. In essence Joyetech purposely dodged offering warranty on their product by making it inconvenient and more expensive for me to try to make a warranty claim. While it worked I did think it was an OK product but now that I have to replace it as Joyetech is avoiding the warranty claim I can't think of a reason why I would purchase another one of their products. I had suggested to them the proper way to deal with this for me as a customer was to authorize the dealer I purchased it at to handle the warranty claim. Obviously I am not impressed.
Just an FYI this is common practice with a lot of product warranties (customers pay shipping) Not just Joyetech & not just Vaping products! Do I like it NO but I don't think it is right to bash Joyetech over it. Joyetech has treated me great & have had only a few minor issues with their products. All I can say is good Luck with other Vape companies warranties. & I am sorry to hear about your situation I am not trying to be a jerk about it. I know how you feel & have been through this many times with different products heck had a Mod that cost me over $100 & now I have an expensive paper weight. I hope you get it straightened out!

To my personal opinion forget about warranty for China made products. My eGo One power button failed (sticks inside the casing) after 3 months. Bad luck, its a fine device when it works.
(01-19-2016, 10:31 AM)Kermit Wrote:  Dear tkvapes, sorry to hear the problem. Actually, if the store won't do the replacement, we'll help then. And normally customers need to send their device to our service center to check. Once received and confirmed, we'll arrange to send you the replacement. As for customers in US and Canada, we only have the US service for you. Hope you may understand.

Although it has been rare for me to have to make a warranty claim on any product I have never been told the the customer has to cover shipping costs, that's just horrible policy. Why would anyone expect a customer to pay any costs for a warranty claim? On the 2 warranty claims I have ever made (Not vape related) the company actually sent me the shipping packaging. I have searched the internet and the faulty power button on this battery is a known issue. This should have been handled better.
Like I said I understand but just be aware this is becoming the Norm with most companies
I have returned a few products & best case I only had to pay shipping one way!
I can & will say Joyetech has one of the best warranties in the vaping industry
Try contacting Smok for warranty you will be lucky to even hear from them.
just stay calm & patient with Kermit if he can solve this issue & help you out he will