Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eGo One has weird/no flavor
I've had my eGo One for almost two weeks and really like it (Silver, 2.5 ml, 2200 mAh, (1 ohm preferred)). I recently ran into the only problem (besides juice making it's way into the mouthpiece) I've had yet. Earlier tonight I was vaping as normal, and the hits started to taste almost like a Tootsie Roll (I was vaping cotton candy), then there was almost no taste whatsoever. I did the usual, remove and clean the tank and coil, replaced everything, but that didn't work. I thought maybe the coil went bad, so I switched to the .5 ohm I recieved with my eGo One, that didn't work either. I then thought possibly the juice wasn't strong enough, so I removed the tank and coil, cleaned them both again, and put a different juice in from a different local vape store, that didn't work. I've emailed JoyTech about this issue for any solutions they might have or a warranty repair if not. I came here to see if there were any threads about this issue, only to find one thread at all. If anyone has any ideas of what might be causing this problem and/or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.
(03-03-2015, 12:54 PM)Whobrey Wrote:  I've had my eGo One for almost two weeks and really like it (Silver, 2.5 ml, 2200 mAh, (1 ohm preferred)). I recently ran into the only problem (besides juice making it's way into the mouthpiece) I've had yet. Earlier tonight I was vaping as normal, and the hits started to taste almost like a Tootsie Roll (I was vaping cotton candy), then there was almost no taste whatsoever. I did the usual, remove and clean the tank and coil, replaced everything, but that didn't work. I thought maybe the coil went bad, so I switched to the .5 ohm I recieved with my eGo One, that didn't work either. I then thought possibly the juice wasn't strong enough, so I removed the tank and coil, cleaned them both again, and put a different juice in from a different local vape store, that didn't work. I've emailed JoyTech about this issue for any solutions they might have or a warranty repair if not. I came here to see if there were any threads about this issue, only to find one thread at all. If anyone has any ideas of what might be causing this problem and/or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Whobrey, from my experience, flavor from the first mouth of vaping is the strongest, but after getting heated and vaping for a while, it will be a little lighter. I have a eGrip along with me, usually I change the power to get more vapor, but the flaor getting lighter than low power level. I am not sure enought that above experience would be same as others, let's see other ones' proposal. 脸红

Another reason I guess that air flow dosen't go well as your juice flooded. If air flow being worse, then flavor also get changed.
I guess maybe there isn't enough power last. Maybe you can try to charge the battery and see if there is enough wattage to support it.
That is strange. I really do not have an answer to that question. I have not run into your issue before. Are you sure you are not suffering from vapers tongue? Have you tried the same juice in another device?
I agree with SeanMac, it sounds like vapers tongue. Maybe try getting some unflavoured juice and vaping that for a day or so. Then try your flavoured juice again? Just an idea. Hopefully you figure it out.
Sounds like vapers tongue hit ya
I can say my 3 month old eGrip has richer taste than my new eGo One with 0.5ohm could be the juice i'm using VG/PG 60/40 right now with 12mg nicotine.
but i like the eGo One more since it's producing more vapor and a stronger throat hit.
I'm switching to VG/PG 70/30 soon with lower nicotine maybe 6mg hoping the taste will be smoother im kind of new to this but i think i'm getting a hang of it.
What sounds strange to me that You obviously did not even notice a change by changing to the .5 coil. I have no idea what else can be broken than the coil
BTW, I am sure that You know that it is better to inhale right into the lungs if there is such a low Ohm coil.
[Image: idCsPlr1j]