Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still no Variable Voltage mode - HELLO JT
I'm happily vaping on a mod with Variable Voltage mode included in the firmware.

It's smoother and cooler. It does not matter if the atomiser coil resistance shifts a little.

VW(TC) is good. VV is good to have too. They both feel different to vape but BOTH are goof.

You may think that technically there is no difference between VW & VV but there is.

Y U NO INCLUDE VV IN FW?

I can set voltage to two decimal places. e.g. 3.98V
You included custom TCR in the firmware, why not Variable Voltage mode?

I was one of the first posting how you should include a custom TCR and a SS setting years ago when VTC first came out.

VV mode wont be as huge as that but it will get attention. Enough for you to recover the cost of implementing it and JT will gain a reputation of including more options.

If you don't believe it makes a difference get a hold of an nx75 and test it for yourself. I don't like the mod but it had VV mode. I'd much prefer a Primo mini with VV mode.
(11-01-2017, 04:10 AM)user359 Wrote:  I'm happily vaping on a mod with Variable Voltage mode included in the firmware.

It's smoother and cooler. It does not matter if the atomiser coil resistance shifts a little.

VW(TC) is good. VV is good to have too. They both feel different to vape but BOTH are goof.

You may think that technically there is no difference between VW & VV but there is.

Y U NO INCLUDE VV IN FW?

I was one of the first posting how you should include a custom TCR and a SS setting years ago when VTC first came out.

VV mode wont be as huge as that but it will get attention. Enough for you to recover the cost of implementing it and JT will gain a reputation of including more options.

If you don't believe it makes a difference get a hold of an nx75 and test it for yourself. I don't like the mod but it had VV mode. I'd much prefer a Primo mini with VV mode.

Hi! Both VW and VV modes change only one thing in e-cig - voltage. Why will you need two modes controlling the same thing? Also, coils are marked in Watts, so it will be hard for people to know which voltage to set.
[Image: banner1.jpg]
[Image: logo2.png]
You can try option "light varivolt" (VVLite) in my custom firmware.
You adjust the power (in Power mode) but the voltage does not change while firing.
SME has Primo mini support.
(11-01-2017, 05:41 PM)MicroSur Wrote:  You can try option "light varivolt" (VVLite) in my custom firmware.
You adjust the power (in Power mode) but the voltage does not change while firing.
SME has Primo mini support.

Don't sure how this actually works, since voltage is the subject to change when you changing power.
Can you please describe?
(11-01-2017, 02:07 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  
(11-01-2017, 04:10 AM)user359 Wrote:  I'm happily vaping on a mod with Variable Voltage mode included in the firmware.

Y U NO INCLUDE VV IN FW?

Hi! Both VW and VV modes change only one thing in e-cig - voltage. Why will you need two modes controlling the same thing? Also, coils are marked in Watts, so it will be hard for people to know which voltage to set.

Vv is just like bypass mode. The only difference with VV the voltage never drops and stays the same. And the ohm of the coil changes the wattage
Lol, my bad. I'm completely forgot about resistance and VW algorithms.
(11-01-2017, 09:53 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  Lol, my bad. I'm completely forgot about resistance and VW algorithms.

Yeah, that and more

-Mods ohm detection can shift. No problems like that in VV.
-Mech users sometimes switch to mods and while bypass is good VV is nice to have too. I still swap between mech and regulated.
-It feels different. Like how VW with TC feels a little different between mods.

Although technically it should feel the same as VW, it doesn't. Just like a mech does not feel the same as a mod.

It's just a nice option to have for something different and it wouldn't take much to add.

Go back 3-4 years and mods had a crappy pulsed output while VV did not. That's part of the reason along with DIY boards is why VV is around. The others reasons I posted above. It's a nice option for something different.

The rest I outlined in the first post.
Another use for VV.

If you have a coil playing up, setting it to VV stops from getting nasty hits.

You can play around with the atomiser until you solve the problem. Worst thing that will happen is reduced vapour if you have a poor connection.

and yes, I'm still vaping in VV mode.
(11-21-2017, 01:43 PM)user359 Wrote:  Another use for VV.

If you have a coil playing up, setting it to VV stops from getting nasty hits.

You can play around with the atomiser until you solve the problem. Worst thing that will happen is reduced vapour if you have a poor connection.

and yes, I'm still vaping in VV mode.

VV mode is no longer using.Thank you for your suggestion/ 微笑
Premier Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer.
Wow did not know anyone still used VV
I was so happy when everyone went away from it vaping was not as pleasurable it was tolerable at best