Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Time to DYI
Hello All,

I know that the current and coming regulations around the globe are starting to infringe on all of us that enjoy vaping. There are a few members here including myself that decided a while ago to make our own E-Liquid. It is a great way to save money and also experiment with new flavor profiles. I know that it seems like a daunting task but to be honest it really isnt as hard as it seems. The link below is a great resource that beginners can use to get started in the adventurous life of DIY.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/resources-and-tips-for-beginning-diy-e-liquid/18726

If any of you have questions please feel free to ask here and I will try my best to help you on your journey to Flavor Freedom.

Also, any mixers here that would like to help please check in here as well.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
Great idea when I get some more time I'll post some of my tips and tricks for DIY 大咧嘴
(07-06-2017, 06:39 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  Hello All,

I know that the current and coming regulations around the globe are starting to infringe on all of us that enjoy vaping. There are a few members here including myself that decided a while ago to make our own E-Liquid. It is a great way to save money and also experiment with new flavor profiles. I know that it seems like a daunting task but to be honest it really isnt as hard as it seems. The link below is a great resource that beginners can use to get started in the adventurous life of DIY.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/resources-and-tips-for-beginning-diy-e-liquid/18726

If any of you have questions please feel free to ask here and I will try my best to help you on your journey to Flavor Freedom.

Also, any mixers here that would like to help please check in here as well.

I was actually going to quit vaping if this was going to be the only way to get Eliquid but I'm going to hang fire and read this link 眨眼 thanks for the share I have noticed though that the nicotine shots dramatically lose the flavour anyone else find this ?悲伤
(07-10-2017, 06:03 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  I was actually going to quit vaping if this was going to be the only way to get Eliquid but I'm going to hang fire and read this link 眨眼 thanks for the share I have noticed though that the nicotine shots dramatically lose the flavour anyone else find this ?悲伤

Not sure what you mean by nicotine shots. Are you talking about one shot flavor bases that you just add vg, pg and nicotine? I have never used any of these. Are you saying the flavor is weaker than premade juice right away or the flavor is fading over time? I only mix from scratch with individual flavors, vg, pg and nicotine. None of my mixes have suffered from any type of flavor loss. If you are experiencing a dramatic flavor loss I can only assume that something is wrong with the mix.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(07-11-2017, 12:51 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  
(07-10-2017, 06:03 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  I was actually going to quit vaping if this was going to be the only way to get Eliquid but I'm going to hang fire and read this link 眨眼 thanks for the share I have noticed though that the nicotine shots dramatically lose the flavour anyone else find this ?悲伤

Not sure what you mean by nicotine shots. Are you talking about one shot flavor bases that you just add vg, pg and nicotine? I have never used any of these. Are you saying the flavor is weaker than premade juice right away or the flavor is fading over time? I only mix from scratch with individual flavors, vg, pg and nicotine. None of my mixes have suffered from any type of flavor loss. If you are experiencing a dramatic flavor loss I can only assume that something is wrong with the mix.

I bought some 0mg Eliquid and they gave me nicotine shots to add to make the strength to 3mg they are called nico shots the flavour is tasteless it's not vape tongue as can taste everything else the shots weaker the flavour

Nicotine shots are used by the customer to add nicotine to the E-Liquid if needed. 120ml bottles are supplied with 100ml of E-Liquid and 2x 10ml nicotine shots. 30ml bottles are supplied with 20ml of E-Liquid and 1x 10ml nicotine shot.
(07-11-2017, 07:38 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  

I bought some 0mg Eliquid and they gave me nicotine shots to add to make the strength to 3mg they are called nico shots the flavour is tasteless it's not vape tongue as can taste everything else the shots weaker the flavour

Nicotine shots are used by the customer to add nicotine to the E-Liquid if needed. 120ml bottles are supplied with 100ml of E-Liquid and 2x 10ml nicotine shots. 30ml bottles are supplied with 20ml of E-Liquid and 1x 10ml nicotine shot.

When you make your own juice you will buy a strong nicotine base so as not to have to "water down" the flavor with a flavorless nicotine base. I use a 60mg/ml nicotine base so that in a 30ml bottle of juice I only use 1.5ml of nicotine to get to my target of 3mg/ml. Some people use a 100mg/ml base, but I found using the 60mg base is easier when I'm usually mixing in multiples of 30
(07-11-2017, 07:47 AM)bababooey Wrote:  

When you make your own juice you will buy a strong nicotine base so as not to have to "water down" the flavor with a flavorless nicotine base. I use a 60mg/ml nicotine base so that in a 30ml bottle of juice I only use 1.5ml of nicotine to get to my target of 3mg/ml. Some people use a 100mg/ml base, but I found using the 60mg base is easier when I'm usually mixing in multiples of 30

The best way is to mix by weight by using a kitchen scale. I use 100% NIC and add to 170ml VG to make it 6mg. Then use that to make my 60ml flavored bottles

I'm sure they (shots) are just PG VG and Nicotine, measured to elevate that size bottle to 3MG. They will dilute the flavor making your vape less flavorful. If you were set up for mixing you could add a flavor shot back to it.
You need a scale that reads to 0.01 grams, though not required, a small scale is a primary tool for mixing. Besides the scale you need PG, VG, Nicotine base, empty bottles and maybe some pipettes or clean glass drippers so you can add your ingredients down to a drop, and some flavors.
If you browse the recipes on e-liquid-recipes.com sorted by rating, you can easily find a recipe that uses flavors that you like. Then buy those flavors for 1 recipe. I'm simplifying it but you get the idea.
My favorite recipe i mix the most is INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOK UNICORN MILK http://tjek.nu/r/221e

PS: I'm learning that i'm more of a recipe mixer than a recipe creator.
I would highly recommend a starter kit I bought one of the biggest kits on the market & made it very easy when I started. I also suggest starting with simple recipes single or 2 flavors max I use only quality ingredients & will only use flavourart flavors. I will not buy PG or VG from a department store
(07-11-2017, 07:38 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  Nicotine shots are used by the customer to add nicotine to the E-Liquid if needed. 120ml bottles are supplied with 100ml of E-Liquid and 2x 10ml nicotine shots. 30ml bottles are supplied with 20ml of E-Liquid and 1x 10ml nicotine shot.

Sounds like the 100ml of e-liquid is not adjusted to accept the 20ml of nic shots. That is probably why it tastes weak. There are recipes available as one shots that are just flavor concentrate pre-mixed that you add to VG, PG and Nic. These are easier than mixing from individual flavors to make a recipe but they are a little more expensive. Where are you located?