Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VT Software to Upgrade Cuboid TAP
(07-03-2017, 08:14 PM)Kindler Wrote:  Hello!
I'm about to update software on Cuboid Tap. I'm running software updater on virtual machine (host is Linux), and sometimes there are problems with the update due to multiple USB reconnections. Before updating, I always check to see if there will be an option to perform emergency recovery, as described here: http://www.joyetech.com/steps-on-vt-software-win/
I've tried to connect Tap with pressed + button (without batteries), but it never boot in recovery mode, it just starting as usual.
Is this workaround not working for Tap?
[Image: pgRQWbr.png]
Thanks in advance!

As long as the TAP boots you have succeeded in updating the device. check the updater program with the device plugged to the pc to see the version of your device. I don't know if pressing the touch + works on the tap.
____
Δ
Join us
(07-04-2017, 01:30 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  As long as the TAP boots you have succeeded in updating the device

I didn't update it. First I want to check if the "recovery mode" is available here 微笑
As I wrote earlier, time at time I face some errors during update under virtual machine with Windows. Some my boxes (Pico 75 and VTwo Mini) can't be updated successfully, they are became "semi-bricked": black screen, no reactions on buttons / USB connection etc. Only workaround with pressed "+" button on connecting to PC did the trick, then I can re-flash them and return to live.
So it's already a habit: if I can put my new box in this mode, I can upgrade firmware without any issue afterwards.
Tap is the first box that I can not persuade to do so 大咧嘴
double check your existing firmware first before upgrading (or downgrading in my case) because i recently purchased a new cuboid tap and mine came with v6.06. I accidentally updated the firmware to v6.05 and the menu where you can adjust the 10s timer for the fire button is now gone! from that menu you can adjust the timer from 5 to 10 seconds before it shuts down for safety purposes. i like the feature and i set mine to 5 seconds only. I already sent an email to service@joyetech.com asking for a copy of the v6.06 but until now theres no reply. i have searched the whole net for this but to no avail. only joyetech can help me now, but i have this feeling that i will be one of the many customers who will be ignored. just sharing my experience, and i hope this does not happen to any of you.
(07-04-2017, 02:46 AM)Kindler Wrote:  
(07-04-2017, 01:30 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  As long as the TAP boots you have succeeded in updating the device
I didn't update it. First I want to check if the "recovery mode" is available here 微笑
As I wrote earlier, time at time I face some errors during update under virtual machine with Windows. Some my boxes (Pico 75 and VTwo Mini) can't be updated successfully, they are became "semi-bricked": black screen, no reactions on buttons / USB connection etc. Only workaround with pressed "+" button on connecting to PC did the trick, then I can re-flash them and return to live.
So it's already a habit: if I can put my new box in this mode, I can upgrade firmware without any issue afterwards.

I see your concern, the TAP "+" button is a tap surface, so holding the + may have no effect.
Hang in there, someone with more experience than I may be able to help

(09-21-2017, 12:38 AM)anott_vapes_again Wrote:  double check your existing firmware first before upgrading (or downgrading in my case) because i recently purchased a new cuboid tap and mine came with v6.06. I accidentally updated the firmware to v6.05 and the menu where you can adjust the 10s timer for the fire button is now gone! from that menu you can adjust the timer from 5 to 10 seconds before it shuts down for safety purposes. i like the feature and i set mine to 5 seconds only. I already sent an email to service@joyetech.com asking for a copy of the v6.06 but until now theres no reply. i have searched the whole net for this but to no avail. only joyetech can help me now, but i have this feeling that i will be one of the many customers who will be ignored. just sharing my experience, and i hope this does not happen to any of you.

Thanks for that information, I noticed the display on the Joyetech advertisements are different than mine, but also noticed I have the latest firmware.
____
Δ
Join us
(09-21-2017, 01:23 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

I see your concern, the TAP "+" button is a tap surface, so holding the + may have no effect.

(09-21-2017, 12:38 AM)anott_vapes_again Wrote:  double check your existing firmware first before upgrading (or downgrading in my case) because i recently purchased a new cuboid tap and mine came with v6.06. I accidentally updated the firmware to v6.05 and the menu where you can adjust the 10s timer for the fire button is now gone! from that menu you can adjust the timer from 5 to 10 seconds before it shuts down for safety purposes. i like the feature and i set mine to 5 seconds only. I already sent an email to service@joyetech.com asking for a copy of the v6.06 but until now theres no reply. i have searched the whole net for this but to no avail. only joyetech can help me now, but i have this feeling that i will be one of the many customers who will be ignored. just sharing my experience, and i hope this does not happen to any of you.

Thanks for that information, I noticed the display on the Joyetech advertisements are different than mine, but also noticed I have the latest firmware.

I cant help but notice, it's already coming out in v6.06 and then they say that the latest update is v6.05?? It should be going up not down! And when i asked for the v6.06 nobody replies or no body talks about it! Still no reply from my email. Great job joyetech.
(09-21-2017, 04:22 PM)anott_vapes_again Wrote:  
(09-21-2017, 01:23 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

I cant help but notice, it's already coming out in v6.06 and then they say that the latest update is v6.05?? It should be going up not down! And when i asked for the v6.06 nobody replies or no body talks about it! Still no reply from my email. Great job joyetech.

I bet Anastasia Liu or Kermit can find out the current shipping/download version
____
Δ
Join us

Sorry for delay in replying. Please update your Cuboid TAP with this version (V6.06)http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/?sid=237
[Image: logo2.png]
Premier Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer.
(09-22-2017, 09:34 AM)Anastasia Liu Wrote:  Sorry for delay in replying. Please update your Cuboid TAP with this version (V6.06)http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/?sid=237

Thank you Anastasia
____
Δ
Join us
Thank you very much anastasia.
After I updated to v 6.06 my TAP would fire for 3 seconds, then it shows a display that says "over 0 seconds protection" then it turns off. Also I could not find any information on the update page, or the PDF manual to show how to change settings for a longer puff.
so I downgraded back to v 6.05.

Also upgrade the logo in the firmware package:

Attached Files
.jpg   JoyetechLogo2.jpg (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   Logo_in_my_firmware.jpg (Size: 1.05 KB / Downloads: 11)
.bmp   Logo.bmp (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 0)
____
Δ
Join us