Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
eVic-VTC Mini Display Giveaway!!!
(11-21-2015, 05:38 AM)Camaelion Wrote:  Hi, here is my Design... i would like to see it with white backgrounds, and with symbols instead of Power / Bypass etc.

that's cool. 微笑
To be honest the layout of the current screen is fine. I personally would not like the puffcounter to see gone. Or Joyetech needed to think about another help to track head life span.
(11-21-2015, 10:37 AM)peter-k Wrote:  To be honest the layout of the current screen is fine. I personally would not like the puffcounter to see gone. Or Joyetech needed to think about another help to track head life span.

thanks peter-k.
Would be nice to have the option to upload a picture to the display from your computer laptop tablet etc.
At bootup pressing fire 5 times the joyetech logo or your own uploaded picture will show.
It can be set by pressing fire button 3 times to Joyetech logo, your own uploaded picture of just standard blank.
With the temperature settings collor depending on the coil and hight of setting will change from green to red, to see if its save for the current coil inserted.
TC, VW, Power and Bypass Mode or time display can be changed by the 3 times fire button settings and the + and - button.
Same goes for the dim screen function that would help save some battery life.
The ammounbt of ohm´s used would be cool displayed inside a Ohm sign.
A small battery icon with the power left inside would also look nice if possible.
This is a small explaination of my idea of upgrading the display. it looks a bit crowded and full, but i displayed all function in the picture.
I hope you guys like this design. it will give it a bit more color to this amazing machine!
Greets an3spapperazzi

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

彩虹 
evic have a black&white display  大咧嘴
[/quote]

i know, but i was thinking "out of the box" . 眨眼
Well, I still think that a display should give you the most info, but not so that it looks busy, so clean and easy to read as possible.
To much boxes in the screen makes it hard or too long to see the right info.
All a vaper need to see is : Watt, voltage, Fahrenheit or Celsius, Ohm reading, and battery power level with numbers and every thing in big numbers, the rest is really not important when you vape.
You never can see the coil life with the puff meter, a coil only dies with to much dryburns,to much W or V, if your cotton has burned, which liquid you use, so for my part the Puff and time meter can go out of the firmware, most of us never use it anyway.
Also like I said earlier, we need TCR so we can give the Ti and SS wire the right coefficient, we need a manual input for fixing the Ohm of the coil , so we can adjust the Ohm at which the coil is tested: I have coil that reads 0.45 Ohm on very different mods and Ohm readers, but the evic mini say 0.49 and sometimes even 0.50 Ohm, so with that coil the evic is wrong with reading out the coil, with a manual input we could fix the coil at 0.45Ohm like it should be.
We need a sub menu for switching the display like we would like it, you can make a different menu in the firmware update, so people can choose which display they would like to update their mini, so always use the standard display and also the option for update different displays when you update.
We need the - button to act like a - button when we are in the menu, this can be done when you reprogram the fire button ( 3 click fire button for entering the menu, 2 clicks for scrolling in the menu and 1 click for confirm the value we set.
Don't let the government fool you 狡猾, Vaping 心 is and always be healthier as smoking .
Well this is my updated version of the display

With all modes a user can change the Voltage to Ampere in the menu
Example: 2.00 V can be changed to 10.78 A in the menu
New Battery bar go down with 0.10V, so when no bar is shown on the display, then the battery is at 3.6V.
user can get lower in Battery voltage, but only the number will show the voltage then.

TC mode
TCR display of the wire, when this is not activated in the menu, then instead of TCR it shows Auto in the display.
With auto, the Evic will use the preprogrammed TCR of Ni200/Ti/SS and not the Coefficient of Resistance that has been manually changed by the user.
Changing the TCR can been done in the menu and a user can switch over from TCR to Auto.
Added the lock symbol for locking Ohm reading
M - manual input of the Ohm, this will override the auto read out and automatically the Ohm value in M will be locked and used.
With Ohm read out from Evic itself the letter M change in A, with Auto the read out can be locked or unlocked.
With M activated, the Ohm value is locked and doesn't change even when the Clearomizer is detached from the Evic for filling the tank.
New battery bar and display of voltage in numbers.
Bigger numbers

Power mode = VW mode

added lock/unlock symbol for Ohm
A- Read out of Ohm from Evic VTC mini itself
Change to
M- manual input for Ohm from user, M will always been used if this is activated even if the clearomizer is detached from the Evic
If M is activated, then this Ohm value is fixed and will automatically be locked, until the user put in a new Ohm value or switch over to Auto reading.
Accordantly the use of M or A the Evic will always use this value
Example; when M is activated and the Ohm is manual set on 0.45Ohm and the Wattage on 50W , then Voltage will always be 4.74 V or 10.54 A, even when in the mean time the coil is heat up to 0.50Ohm
Same battery bar and display of the battery in numbers as with TC

Bypass mode

The Ohm read out can be change from M to A and locked as with the power mode.
User can change the display of given Voltage V to Ampere A in the menu.
Same battery bar and display of the battery in numbers as with  Power/vw mode.

Hope you like it 眨眼
Don't let the government fool you 狡猾, Vaping 心 is and always be healthier as smoking .
....APP menu - layout
Just press 3 time the button and then scroll the app to enter the one you need to check or change.....
Simple and easy....
[Image: 1enzuu.jpg]
This is my version of the eVic VTC Mini display. I would love to see a horizontal display! 微笑

It´s a very simple, clean and easy to read interface. Only the important information is displayed - no useless clutter.

I hope you like it! 害羞

[Image: attachment.php?aid=242]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-22-2015, 10:18 AM)JesseBlue Wrote:  This is my version of the eVic VTC Mini display. I would love to see a horizontal display! 微笑

It´s a very simple, clean and easy to read interface. Only the important information is displayed - no useless clutter.

I hope you like it! 害羞

[Image: attachment.php?aid=242]
Simplicity at its best. Designer would dig this for sure. 微笑 I would love to see your design on the upcoming firmware update.