Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jumping out of temp control?
微笑 
Greetings all

I have an issue with my mini using a smok tvf4 mini tank single coil titanium build at .61 ohms jumping out temp control. Every time I set it to Ti mode it goes straight to power mode after about 2 seconds. I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I am thinking its the tank / my build of the 0.6mm ti sweetvapes wire. I'm new to building ti coils so it's most likely user error.

Thanks in advanced!
(11-07-2015, 07:28 AM)tonycap Wrote:  Greetings all

I have an issue with my mini using a smok tvf4 mini tank single coil titanium build at .61 ohms jumping out temp control. Every time I set it to Ti mode it goes straight to power mode after about 2 seconds. I'm just wondering if anyone  else has come across this issue. I am thinking its the tank / my build of the 0.6mm ti sweetvapes wire. I'm new to building ti coils so it's most likely user error.

Thanks in advanced!

I'm having the same issue on mine, hw 1.04 fw 2.0. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm trying ti or ss, my build or triton/crown pre built, everything seems to kick it back to power mode at 20w after about 3 seconds of pulling, also tried with resistance locked and unlocked, nothing makes a difference. I've already emailed joyeteck about 3 days ago and have yet to get a response. I'm very disappointed because I think I just passed outside my 30 day exchange period at my local shop.
Got same problem..
1.03 HW and 2.0 FW
On SS jump out to 20W power and doesn't change back to SS for some time..
Same was on 1.2 FW..
And Ni is working good.
Could be your Ti wires. I had this problem when titanium first came out. Joyetech chip is very sensitive and when you use a wire which is a alloy and not Grade 1 or 2 Ti wire it will pop out. Check your wire, try and spent a little more and get the better quality Ti wire.

Another thing check for a short. Are the wires touching the walls?

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
What gauge wire are you using? Have you tried using/firing it at a higher wattage?
When you press the fire button, watch the resistance and see if it climbs. From what I understand if the change in coil resistance is too slow or minimal, it will jump out of temp mode and into power mode. You might be using too thick of a wire or too low of a wattage.

My friend had this problem with his 26 gauge nickel, I redid his coil with a 28 gauge and so far it has been fine.
(11-10-2015, 06:09 AM)BlackCRX Wrote:  What gauge wire are you using? Have you tried using/firing it at a higher wattage?
When you press the fire button, watch the resistance and see if it climbs. From what I understand if the change in coil resistance is too slow or minimal, it will jump out of temp mode and into power mode. You might be using too thick of a wire or too low of a wattage.

My friend had this problem with his 26 gauge nickel, I redid his coil with a 28 gauge and so far it has been fine.

I'm using sweetvapes .6mm wire which I think equates to around 23 gauge. What gauge are others using with success? I'll try to bump up the wattage, but from what I recall, it seems to kick me out to power mode after a 3 sec drawl.

Thanks!
(11-10-2015, 08:27 AM)tonycap Wrote:  
(11-10-2015, 06:09 AM)BlackCRX Wrote:  What gauge wire are you using? Have you tried using/firing it at a higher wattage?

I'm using sweetvapes  .6mm wire which I think equates to around 23 gauge. What gauge are others using with success? I'll try to bump up the wattage, but from what I recall, it seems to kick me out to power mode after a 3 sec drawl.

Thanks!

I think there is a mistake somewhere.....
I went to sweet-vapes website for the titanium wire and they only have 24/26/28 gauge titanium wire.
http://sweet-vapes.com/ta1-titanium-wire-30ft-spool.html

I also went over to steam engine website and plugged in your numbers. At 23 gauge Ti1 wire with a target resistance of 0.61ohm you would need 25 wraps around a 3mm ID

As mentioned before, fire and vape on the mod in the mirror and see if the resistance climbs up. If the resistance does not go up I would suggest a thinner gauge wire or higher wattage setting
we use 0.4mm for CLR-Ti wires, just like Smok_King said, it's very sensitive.
(11-10-2015, 04:50 AM)lenivets Wrote:  Got same problem..
1.03 HW and 2.0 FW
On SS jump out to 20W power and doesn't change back to SS for some time..
Same was on 1.2 FW..
And Ni is working good.

what kind of SS wire did you use bro?
i had got same problem, i have installed firmware 2.0 again, then i solved problem..

your info...