Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Battery Low" while it is not
Today I got a new issue with the VTC Mini. While being in Temp TI mode, out of sudden I am getting the "battery low" message while firing. However, the battery is being shown as 70% full as per the battery status bar and shows a remaining voltage of 3.68v. When pressing the fire button again, it all works and the vape goes full power without problems. I´ve tried some different batteries and also that same battery in another mod with TC where it just works fine. The message also comes up with a completely 100% full battery. And as mentioned, if just pressing the fire button a second later after it said "battery low", it vapes just fine. The error randomly occurs since the last hours, never had that before yet.

Anyone else have seen this?
(11-04-2015, 03:17 AM)lvau Wrote:  ... out of sudden I am getting the "battery low" message while firing. ...

I have not seen this happen to me. Try cleaning the battery contacts in the VTC. A pencil eraser works well, followed by a quick wipe with an alcohol cloth.
Thanks for the idea, I did that already. Funny thing is that the actual battery indicator of the VTC Mini says it´s 70% full (now 100% actually). So there doesn´t seem to be a contact problem. Just happens randomly when I fire that it says that... more and more joy with Joyetech微笑
Hey Ivau, what kind of battery are you using? and the Amper?
Didn't you return your VTC and bought the German what ever brand u mention?
I knew you are full of it. Just trolling.
Goes to show how good the Joyetech is. 大咧嘴
Still using it. N now again another problem. Like you say just return it. Everyone's help/ suggestions here wont be good enough for you.I don't know why ppl bother helping you.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKJi92l8ssKZTFK7t3j_i...1aneuJaHXw]

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
Samsung INR18650-30Q, 30 ampere, 3000 mah. According to http://www.mountainprophet.de/2015/06/30/ein-bemerkenswerter-akku-samsung-inr18650-30q/ the best 18650 he´s measured so far ever (June 2015). And so far no problem with any of the 3 I own.
@smok_king, shut up, would ya, please.

@Ivau, the Sammy 30Q is not a 30A battery. Re-read your linked review, and read other reviews. It is a very good 15A continuous discharge rated battery which degrades quickly at higher discharge rates. It may or may not be an appropriate battery for the VTC. I'll be sticking with the Sammy 25R, LG HE2, HE4, HG2, or Sony VTC4 or VTC5. Use a battery with at least a 20A CDR in your VTC.

You may notice from the discharge graphs in the link you provided that although the 30Q lasts a good long time down to its cutoff voltage at lower drains, it does not maintain its voltage above vaping mods cutoff for as long as the other above mentioned batts. In other words, it is a great battery for flashlights, not vaping devices.

I don't know if that could be the cause of this problem, however. You may want to try the recommended batteries.
(11-04-2015, 04:16 PM)VapingTurtle Wrote:  @smok_king, shut up, would ya, please.

@Ivau, the Sammy 30Q is not a 30A battery. Re-read your linked review, and read other reviews. It is a very good 15A continuous discharge rated battery which degrades quickly at higher discharge rates. It may or may not be an appropriate battery for the VTC. I'll be sticking with the Sammy 25R, LG HE2, HE4, HG2, or Sony VTC4 or VTC5. Use a battery with at least a 20A CDR in your VTC.

You may notice from the discharge graphs in the link you provided that although the 30Q lasts a good long time down to its cutoff voltage at lower drains, it does not maintain its voltage above vaping mods cutoff for as long as the other above mentioned batts. In other words, it is a great battery for flashlights, not vaping devices.

I don't know if that could be the cause of this problem, however. You may want to try the recommended batteries.

That's it. Thanks @VapingTurtle,
@Ivau, Samsung INR18650-30Q is not enough for VTC Mini, please try the recommended cell.
@Smok_King, let's be friendly to everyone. Thank you all.
(11-04-2015, 04:56 PM)Kermit Wrote:  
(11-04-2015, 04:16 PM)VapingTurtle Wrote:  @smok_king, shut up, would ya, please.

That's it. Thanks @VapingTurtle,
@Ivau, Samsung INR18650-30Q is not enough for VTC Mini, please try the recommended cell.
@Smok_King, let's be friendly to everyone. Thank you all.

I am vaping at ~15 watts at 0.54 ohms initial resistance with TI in TC mode. The current that goes out of the battery while vaping this way is displayed as 4A max on the VTC Mini during the whole vape, so it should be really fine with that battery.
Also the thing is, it just says "battery low" while the next second, when pressing the fire button again, it vapes through just fine for 10 seconds. The battery is fully loaded (also displayed this way in the VTC Mini display at 4.1 Volt) and just goes at 4A max during the whole vape.. So the explanation you are giving does not make much sense in that the battery has to low high drain current for a vape.

I´ve also tried the LG cell (HE2) you´ve mentioned as I had one of those too. Fully loaded, it gives the exact same problem. Fire - "Battery Low". 1 second later Fire again - "all good". This has nothing to do with the battery but rather the electronics or the firmware in the VTC in my opinion. It happens more often after the VTC Mini has long not been used, just like the TC problem I´ve reported in the other thread.

However, if you re-read the review as well, you´ll notice that the Samsung INR18650-30Q still does better than most 25 ampere cells as it goes up to 30 ampere. Copying from the review:

"...but here Samsung gives a very surprising understatement, as the 20 A test quite impressively proves, this cell provides significantly more than 15 A from the data sheet."

"A battery that does not surpass 45°C at 20A and still has 97% of it´s capacity and passes the 30A test better than ALL of it´s higher specified competitors that I´ve tested so far without any problems is surely remarkable".

So you see, this Samsung cell, while actually specified at only 15A by Samsung, still does better at the 30A test than all competitors he tested so far and that are specified at up to 25A or even 30A.

Apart from this again: I am never using more than 4A for my vape at all, so this cell, or any other even low drain cell should be fine for the currents I need from it and should not bring up a "battery low" + the other cell I´ve mentioned does the same. So I guess it´s (again) not the VTC Mini faults but all my cells are damaged and dead?眨眼 In any case, all these cells are doing fine on the Pipeline Pro 2 btw... But surely it´s not the VTC Mini that is at fault here微笑

Sorry for being sarcastic, but the ignorance Joyetech is bringing forward here towards most problems posted about the VTC Mini is just hilarious.
@Ivau

You advised me in a private message and on the forum that you had, and i quote "I have given back my VTC Mini to my local dealer" and got a Pipeline Pro 2; i am now confused how you are posting about problems with the Evic Mini when you do not have one anymore!

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]