Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eGo ONE Ego One VT No flavor and burnt hits
Hi all!
I purchased my Ego One VT about one week ago and at first it worked perfectly fine for 4 days but now I get hits with no taste and/or burnt hits. I am using the .4 ohm titanium coil and mostly on High or Medium temperature settings. The loss of flavor and burnt hits usually come after about 6 hits so I d'ont really know if it's due to chainsmoking or not. And before you ask, yet I did put some liquid on the coil holes and let it rest for 2 minutes before the first hit. If anyone has any question about the situation or can give a solution to my problem feel free to post a message 微笑
Seems need to replace the coil. Temperature control coil life is short than normal kanthal coil. Also, do avoid attach the atomizer when it is hot.
Thanks for the reply ! I've replaced the coil and the new coil worked for about a day then the same problem happens... It's a bit weird that the coils last a day
Are you using the correct settings with the Ti coil? I dont have a VT but i am sure you have to select the correct coil and then set the temperature. If you are setting it to a Ni coil then that will fire at a higher temperature. I just looked at the specs and see that the Ti can fire up to 315c, that sounds very high to me. Are you firing it at the highest temperature? If you are lower it to the mid range setting and see what happens.

My coils in my Evic Mini/Mega One Tank, using Ti coils last ages and i clean them in Vodka and they are good to go again. I also use CLR-Ti coils that you can make your own, great for saving the pennies.

Do you use high VG ejuice?

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
(11-03-2015, 07:26 AM)Madboy Wrote:  Are you using the correct settings with the Ti coil? I dont have a VT but i am sure you have to select the correct coil and then set the temperature. If you are setting it to a Ni coil then that will fire at a higher temperature. I just looked at the specs and see that the Ti can fire up to 315c, that sounds very high to me. Are you firing it at the highest temperature? If you are lower it to the mid range setting and see what happens.

My coils in my Evic Mini/Mega One Tank, using Ti coils last ages and i clean them in Vodka and they are good to go again. I also use CLR-Ti coils that you can make your own, great for saving the pennies.

Do you use high VG ejuice?

Regards

Madboy

Yeah i'm using the right settings for the Ti coil ( little red LED) and for the most recent coil I only used medium temperature settings, which heats at 250c, to see if the burnt taste was due to the high temperature, and i guess it wasn't? I can see the cotton deteriorate inside the coils with somme pieces coming out of it at some times...
I use Fcukin' Flava Mango ejuice which has a 50/50 PG VG ratio.
Should try the vodka trick but don't have any atm so i'll have to do it another day 悲伤
@Mnesia

From your description, I think current M or H setting might create a higher TEMP to your vaping taste. Best to shift to L setting and try turn back to M or H later, cos' after chain vaping, the wire always maintain high temperature, very esay to pass the best vaping temp., eGo one VT is a simple temp. control device, what they define d L, M, H with a different temp values.

If vaper's best setting on ''M'' gear, which bring us 470 F/245C for Ti wires finally, whereas e-liquid would accept best vaping on 460F, gradually you will have feeling of flavor loss or dry burn hit.

More temp. setting info., can please check here:
http://www.joyetech.com/product/ego-one-vt/
that's it, thanks Geo.
(11-03-2015, 08:22 AM)Mnesia Wrote:  Yeah i'm using the right settings for the Ti coil ( little red LED) and for the most recent coil I only used medium temperature settings, which heats at 250c, to see if the burnt taste was due to the high temperature, and i guess it wasn't? I can see the cotton deteriorate inside the coils with somme pieces coming out of it at some times...
Should try the vodka trick but don't have any atm so i'll have to do it another day 悲伤

Bits coming out of it? Thats not right, nothing should come out of the colis/cotton at all. Were they the coils that came with the tank? Something isnt right here. I think Kermit should investigate this. Can you take some images of the cotton bits falling off and post them? I vape mine Evic Mini and Ego One mega at 230c with a Ti coil. When i vape at 250c it is very harsh on a 50/50 mix. On a 30/70 (PG/VG) mix its ok.

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
(11-03-2015, 09:44 AM)Madboy Wrote:  
(11-03-2015, 08:22 AM)Mnesia Wrote:  Yeah i'm using the right settings for the Ti coil ( little red LED) and for the most recent coil I only used medium temperature settings, which heats at 250c, to see if the burnt taste was due to the high temperature, and i guess it wasn't? I can see the cotton deteriorate inside the coils with somme pieces coming out of it at some times...

Bits coming out of it? Thats not right, nothing should come out of the colis/cotton at all. Were they the coils that came with the tank? Something isnt right here. I think Kermit should investigate this. Can you take some images of the cotton bits falling off and post them? I vape mine Evic Mini and Ego One mega at 230c with a Ti coil. When i vape at 250c it is very harsh on a 50/50 mix. On a 30/70 (PG/VG) mix its ok.

Regards

Madboy

yes, @Mnesia please take some pictures and send to service@joyetech.com, we'll check.
(11-02-2015, 06:34 AM)Mnesia Wrote:  Hi all!
I purchased my Ego One VT about one week ago and at first it worked perfectly fine for 4 days but now I get hits with no taste and/or burnt hits. I am using the .4 ohm titanium coil and mostly on High or Medium temperature settings. The loss of flavor and burnt hits usually come after about 6 hits so I d'ont really know if it's due to chainsmoking or not. And before you ask, yet I did put some liquid on the coil holes and let it rest for 2 minutes before the first hit. If anyone has any question about the situation or can give a solution to my problem feel free to post a message 微笑

Hey, in addition to what the other people in the thread said about replacing coils, I found something that did the trick for me. I used to burn through new coils pretty quickly and suspected it was because the coil wasn't getting enough juice fast enough. What solved it for me was as soon as i start to get a hint of burnt taste, I turn the airflow control all the way to closed, exhale a little into the mouthpiece, then inhale a little through the mouthpiece and open the airflow control back up to my preferred position.

I think that what's happening is that exhaling through the mouthpiece pushes a little air into the tank and the extra air pressure pushes more juice into the coil. You have to play around with how much you exhale/inhale through the mouthpiece with the airflow closed. Too much and you'll get a bit of juice leaking out the air holes.

Hope this helps.