Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different displays? (maybe an error?)
Bug 
Hi,

About two weeks ago my roommate and me bought both a VTC-Mini from two different online shops in Germany.

As you can see here (sorry for the bad image quality, in real the difference is a lot more visible)
[Image: V2c1oXV.jpg?1]

my VTC on the right is much darker and the screen is "yellowish". The VTC of my roommate is brighter, also the light is brighter, which is nice when you are vaping outside. Both devices are used with the newest firmware. We also tried to change the battery but the outcome was the same.

Are there different versions of the VTC with different displays or is this a known error?
(10-23-2015, 10:12 PM)Chronos___ Wrote:  Hi,

About two weeks ago my roommate and me bought both a VTC-Mini from two different online shops in Germany.

As you can see here (sorry for the bad image quality, in real the difference is a lot more visible)

(clipped img)

my VTC on the right is much darker and the screen is "yellowish". The VTC of my roommate is brighter, also the light is brighter, which is nice when you are vaping outside. Both devices are used with the newest firmware. We also tried to change the battery but the outcome was the same.

Are there different versions of the VTC with different displays or is this a known error?

have they both security codes been validated on http://www.joyetech.com/ to be sure one is not a clone? even so the displays can be different if the units were assembled at different times, so it may be normal.
(10-23-2015, 10:12 PM)Chronos___ Wrote:  Are there different versions of the VTC with different displays
Yes.
H\W Version 1.02, 1.03, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.11 used SSD1327 display.
SSD1306 in others.
I have one with hardware 1.03 with the "yellowish" display, and then my hardware 1.02 has the brighter whiter display. Never really noticed til reading this thread lol.