Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Joyetech eVic VTC Mini Erratic Issues with TC
感叹 
Hi

I received my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini today and updated it to the latest firmware version 1.20.

After 30 mins I started having issues and my experience with this device is going to be short lived if I cannot get it sorted with your assistance please.

- I place a new atomizer and it is temperamental, i.e it doesn't ask if it is new or the same coil.
- When I go back to vaping an hour later when it has cooled down it will ask me if I placed a new coil on it.
- Sometimes whilst vaping it asks if I have a new coil attached.
- It is not sensitive enough to newly built coils that have a minor change in resistance as much as 0.1ohm where it should trigger if a new coil has been placed.
- Temp protection mode just activates and stops vapour production. I have a 0.19ohm build on a velocity RDA using dual coil Ti wire. I use muji cotton for wicks and they aren't dry i.e they are fully saturated wicks and coil.

I've set it up at 315c, 35Watts. I've tried lower temps 280c and higher Wattages and it still does the same. I'm using a Velocity RDA and fully charged Samsung IMR 30Q batteries.

Do you have any suggestions please?
(10-17-2015, 04:05 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Hi

I received my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini today and updated it to the latest firmware version 1.20.

After 30 mins I started having issues and my experience with this device is going to be short lived if I cannot get it sorted with your assistance please.

- I place a new atomizer and it is temperamental, i.e it doesn't ask if it is new or the same coil.
- When I go back to vaping an hour later when it has cooled down it will ask me if I placed a new coil on it.
- Sometimes whilst vaping it asks if I have a new coil attached.
- It is not sensitive enough to newly built coils that have a minor change in resistance as much as 0.1ohm where it should trigger if a new coil has been placed.
- Temp protection mode just activates and stops vapour production. I have a 0.19ohm build on a velocity RDA using dual coil Ti wire. I use muji cotton for wicks and they aren't dry i.e they are fully saturated wicks and coil.

I've set it up at 315c, 35Watts. I've tried lower temps 280c and higher Wattages and it still does the same. I'm using a Velocity RDA and fully charged Samsung IMR 30Q batteries.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Did you lock the resistance? If not, please lock it on.
(10-17-2015, 04:05 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Do you have any suggestions please?

1) Set new atomiser, select "new" in question.
2) Turn down the temperature to a comfortable
3) Turn on temperature lock
4) When atomizer is cool, the resistance will go down by itself. This is normal.
5) Turn up the temperature to a comfortable, and then do not touch it, will work perfectly!
(10-17-2015, 12:23 PM)Geo Wrote:  Did you lock the resistance? If not, please lock it on.

I have tried it with locked and unlocked resistance it doesn't work unfortunately.

(10-17-2015, 06:17 PM)ploop Wrote:  
(10-17-2015, 04:05 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Do you have any suggestions please?

1) Set new atomiser, select "new" in question.
2) Turn down the temperature to a comfortable
3) Turn on temperature lock
4) When atomizer is cool, the resistance will go down by itself. This is normal.
5) Turn up the temperature to a comfortable, and then do not touch it, will work perfectly!

Sorry your post doesn't make sense. How can I set new coil when it doesn't trigger this event that is what I am asking help on.
(10-17-2015, 06:47 PM)Majnu Wrote:  Sorry your post doesn't make sense. How can I set new coil when it doesn't trigger this event that is what I am asking help on.
Remove and insert battery? It's like rebooting
First hit fire button a few times to get the no atomiser message on screen. Then you install the tank onto the mod and at the same time look at the resistance meter. As soon as you see the mod register the ohm reading stop. Hit the fire button and that will get you the New coil dialog. Hit right for new coil. Then finish winding down the tank.
See if tht work for you.

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
(10-17-2015, 09:10 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  First hit fire button a few times to get the no atomiser message on screen. Then you install the tank onto the mod and at the same time look at the resistance meter. As soon as you see the mod register the ohm reading stop. Hit the fire button and that will get you the New coil dialog. Hit right for new coil. Then finish winding down the tank.
See if tht work for you.

Doesn't work unfortunately. I followed this video to get it to show new coil but then that defeats the accuracy of the device (if there was any to begin with in the first place)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjIAh7KWzI

When I follow what he does I can register a new coil but then the coil and device are not normalized at room temp. Locking the resistance in or not at this stage and firing the device I can see the resistance rise which is not supposed to happen especially when it is locked.

When I come back to vape half 5 mins or even an hour later when the device and atty has cooled down the temp protection kicks in again and I am back to square one.

For a company that calls it'self Joytech their products certainly aren't a joy to use.
Are any Joytech reps going to respond then?
Having the exact same issues with mine, very frustrating,
Tom.
(10-19-2015, 05:09 AM)Griff Wrote:  Having the exact same issues with mine, very frustrating,
Tom.

I really really hope this is a software issue that can get resolved with a f/w update and not a hardware fault.

If it is a hardware problem then customers need to be made aware so they can return them back to vendors through an RMA. Once Joytech becomes the most RMA'd ecig maybe retailers won't bother buying them in from distributors and then Joytech will take notice. I know it sounds far fetched but until Joytech respond I can see no other use for this device except to use it in vw mode.

If it is a f/w problem then equally Joytech should respond instead of living in silence and give their customers confidence that they are working on a solution.

For the meanwhile I've gone back to using Kanthal on my mech mod.