Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for Stainless Steel coils
(10-11-2015, 06:26 AM)Smok_King Wrote:  What size wire are you using?
You should be able to get the 28awg Gr1 Ti wire 8 wraps ID 2.5mm spaced to fit the sub. That is about 0.5ohm.
Try bringing the ohm up and see if that will fix the problem

I've got some 0.5 (24awg) 3mm ID. I may try a micro coil but I'll need some luck to avoid hotspots. I thought the manual said the mod could do much lower than 0.2ohm in TC mode.

I'm just really disappointed at the moment and not sure why the unit is not performing properly only after going to sleep. Like I said, I've waited and waited for the right mod to try TC and I've not been able to get it to work for more than five minutes, it's frustrating.
(10-12-2015, 06:09 AM)Vic-EVic-E Wrote:  I may try a micro coil but I'll need some luck to avoid hotspots.

I tried microcoils with Ti wire and it doesn't work well with TC.

For hotlegs and hotspots you can work them out using the device with pulses in power mode at a very low value like 8W max, just don't let the coils glow. It can be usefull even for spaced coils.
(10-12-2015, 06:09 AM)Vic-EVic-E Wrote:  I've got some 0.5 (24awg) 3mm ID. I may try a micro coil but I'll need some luck to avoid hotspots. I thought the manual said the mod could do much lower than 0.2ohm in TC mode.

I'm just really disappointed at the moment and not sure why the unit is not performing properly only after going to sleep. Like I said, I've waited and waited for the right mod to try TC and I've not been able to get it to work for more than five minutes, it's frustrating.

Or you can try micro coil. The mod can do really low ohm but one tiny mistake on your build will make it unstable. I suggest you go down to a smaller gauge wire if you can't get it to work properly. 28awg - 26awg.想法

Good luck and happy vaping

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心