Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Battery Recomendations Please
Hi all

Whilst i like my Mini, today i was caught out by using two Samsung 25R's. Well when i say caught out, i mean that i didn't realise i was using 3mg nicotine Juice and was vaping like crazy and depleted the two batteries in about 12 hours.

So are there any better batteries than the Samsung 25R's?

Thanks in advance.

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
(09-26-2015, 04:16 AM)Madboy Wrote:  Hi all

Whilst i like my Mini, today i was caught out by using two Samsung 25R's. Well when i say caught out, i mean that i didn't realise i was using 3mg nicotine Juice and was vaping like crazy and depleted the two batteries in about 12 hours.

So are there any better batteries than the Samsung 25R's?

Thanks in advance.

Madboy

Kindly suggest you use SONY VTC4 Cell. 微笑
(09-26-2015, 10:30 AM)Kermit Wrote:  Kindly suggest you use SONY VTC4 Cell. 微笑

Kermit

I have tried the VTC4 Cell and that is worse than the Samsung 25R

Regards

Madboy

The Samsung 25R and the LG HE2 have both worked very well for me. YMMV.
How much current do u use? 10A and under I go with Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah. Higher I use the LG HG2 3000mah.
Yeh, 2600mah batt don't last you whole day.

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
I fire at 230c at 30 watts.

(09-27-2015, 01:52 PM)Madboy Wrote:  I fire at 230c at 30 watts.
Go with the LG HG2, it has more mAh than the Samsung 25R so will last longer, and should be able to handle the VTC Mini's discharge rate with its 20A limit.

I wouldn't advise a 10A battery as it could be a problem if, accidentally or not, you fire the box at higher power settings.
(09-27-2015, 05:51 PM)Llama Wrote:  
(09-27-2015, 01:52 PM)Madboy Wrote:  I fire at 230c at 30 watts.
I wouldn't advise a 10A battery as it could be a problem if, accidentally or not, you fire the box at higher power settings.

This only happens with the old mech mod.
The devices we have now especially the Joyetech VTC are so advanced, accidents like that are pretty much gone. All the important information is display on the OLED screen. Amps meter is there to tell you if you need to change battery. Thanks to Joyetech, I feel safe using any batteries. Just make sure you stick to the limits.
230°C @ 30W you are only pulling 6A.(Joyetech CL heads) That's under 10A.

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
great info for me as I will be needing some batteries for when my new VTC shows up!
Sorry it's a long post, but battery safety is not a simple subject, and is quite important to understand imo.

(09-28-2015, 02:16 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  This only happens with the old mech mod.
The devices we have now especially the Joyetech VTC are so advanced, accidents like that are pretty much gone.

While it's true that nowaday's regulated mods have safety features that makes them safer than unregulated mods, they don't know the battery's max discharge rate so can draw too much from it, which can lead to battery damage, venting, or even fire or explosion of the battery if it's not using a safe chemistry.

(09-28-2015, 02:16 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  All the important information is display on the OLED screen. Amps meter is there to tell you if you need to change battery.

You can check this post I made about my opinion on the current display that's been added on the most recent firmware: http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2173&pid=6147#pid6147
It's a bit technical, but understanding regulated mods requires a bit of knowledge.

(09-28-2015, 02:16 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  Thanks to Joyetech, I feel safe using any batteries. Just make sure you stick to the limits.

I really mean no offense as you seem to be a really nice person, but you're not doing Joyetech any good by blindingly trusting them instead of researching and understanding the science behind batteries and regulated mods before giving advices. Why do you think most people recommend Sony VTC4 and Samsung 25R? It's because they have a high discharge rate, and a safer chemistry that makes them just heat and release gas when venting, instead of risking to cause hazards like fire or explosion. Now you can often get away with lower spec batteries as they usually can handle more in pulses than in continuous (pulse means for a short duration), but it will probably reduce the battery's life, and is not as safe as staying under the continuous rating.

(09-28-2015, 02:16 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  230°C @ 30W you are only pulling 6A. That's under 10A.

Thoses numbers you're posting are for a Voltage of 5V and a resistance of around 0.83ohms, so they describe the current on the atomizer's side of the chipset as batteries we use in the VTC have a voltage of 4.2V at maximum charge.

To know the current actually drained from the battery you need to use ohm's laws (a good online calc: http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslawcalculators.asp ) using the Power output and the battery's voltage (which you can see when long pressing fire and - buttons when the VTC is turned off). Just to be on the safe side it's better to use the minimum voltage before the device cuts power and considers the battery as discharged. If I recall correctly the VTC Mini cuts the power when the battery's voltage is under 3.2V. So using that ohm's law calculator for 30W at 3.2V we see that the current drained is 9.375A. It is still under 10A, but you can see there's less margin so it could become problematic if the person wants to check how it vapes at 40W for example (12.5A).

To be safer it's always better to use the maximum power the device can output, with the lowest voltage the battery can be before the device cuts power. In the VTC's case, using 60W and 3.2V we get a max current of 18.75A, that's why I advise the LG HG2 which has a max continuous discharge current of 20A.

If you really want to be safe, it's usually not a bad idea to use Sony VTC4 (30A) or Samsung 25R (25A). People keep recommending these for a reason.