Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Different temperature control styles
Since I started to get into temperature control mode I have seen two ways to use it:

- adjusting the temperature of the coil, and setting the power for ramp up speed. For this style the temperature setting is available from the default screen, and the power setting in a menu. This is the way the VT & VTC work.
- adjusting the power setting, and setting the temperature as a safety to make sure the temperature won't go over it. In this style the power setting is available from the default screen, and the temperature in a menu.

Another point that led me to this idea is that the power setting in the VT & VTC is a bit annoying to adjust, as it's under a menu and you can only go higher, and need to go through all the values to adjust to something lower (very frustrating if you missed the value you wanted and went a few watts too high)

Here's the idea: making the power setting quickly adjustable from the default screen, and with both +/- buttons, by allowing to switch between adjusting temperature or power from the default screen, using a button combination (seems to me at the moment fire and + button combination is not used for example). It would allow people to use a temperature control style or another, and correct easier the power if they need to. It would also probably require a small visual clue to know which setting is currently controled.

I hope my english is not too bad and I explained my idea and what led me to this idea correctly, let me know if something is not clear, or what you think of it.
(09-24-2015, 10:02 PM)Llama Wrote:  Since I started to get into temperature control mode I have seen two ways to use it:

- adjusting the temperature of the coil, and setting the power for ramp up speed. For this style the temperature setting is available from the default screen, and the power setting in a menu. This is the way the VT & VTC work.
- adjusting the power setting, and setting the temperature as a safety to make sure the temperature won't go over it. In this style the power setting is available from the default screen, and the temperature in a menu.

Another point that led me to this idea is that the power setting in the VT & VTC is a bit annoying to adjust, as it's under a menu and you can only go higher, and need to go through all the values to adjust to something lower (very frustrating if you missed the value you wanted and went a few watts too high)

Here's the idea: making the power setting quickly adjustable from the default screen, and with both +/- buttons, by allowing to switch between adjusting temperature or power from the default screen, using a button combination (seems to me at the moment fire and + button combination is not used for example). It would allow people to use a temperature control style or another, and correct easier the power if they need to. It would also probably require a small visual clue to know which setting is currently controled.

I hope my english is not too bad and I explained my idea and what led me to this idea correctly, let me know if something is not clear, or what you think of it.

What a good idea. I was also thinking that it is maddening that you have to go all the up to 60 watts and start again in TC Mode.

Good idea about the Fire and the + Button. To make that menu accessible for up/down of wattage whilst in TC mode.

You get a great big +1 from me.

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
Great idea, thanks all.