Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
(09-18-2015, 11:05 PM)ahok83 Wrote:  thanks for the reply
of course I did everything that you described, but when I connect evic vtc mini the installer stop running and don't show the firmware info,when I unplug evic installer show me that error!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwrezkzlypy9rwv/evic.png?dl=0
This is an image of the error, it seems that the evic is not recognized!

Sounds like the problem I had on Windows 10:

First try the software sees the VTC and displays its current firmware, but freezes when clicking to upgrade, then can't even see or communicate with the VTC on further tries. In my case unplugging then removing the battery from the VTC and putting it back in before another try made the software display the firmware version again, but still froze it when clicking to upgrade. Is it like that for you too ?
I just had a thought, whilst the evic is off, tap the fire button twenty times and advise what the firmware version is please?

Thanks

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
thx..removing the battery, the device is recognized again, but now I always have the problem of freeze EVIC installer .. I tried to download it again, and run it in compatibility mode, but it does not work, wait for a new version?
I finally resolved, I updated the device without connecting battery!
Thanks for all your advice!
Oh wow. Never thought of not putting the battery in. Glad it is sorted.

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
Am I mistaken or does the Current display shows the Amps on the atomizer side ? At least when I tested it in Power mode and used Ohm's law with the indicated voltage I was getting the Watts output. What we need is the Amps on the battery side to know the discharge rate the battery gets.

In case you wonder what I mean, the chipset (like all mods chipsets) is a DC-DC converter. It converts the Amps and Volts from the battery to the Amps and Volts needed to achieve the required power with the resistance. The battery itself has a fixed voltage output that can't be changed, it just goes down as the battery discharges, and the chipset draws more or less Amps from it depending on the power needed. If you're curious you can see the current battery's voltage by turning off the VTC (clicking 5 times), then long pressing both fire and - buttons.

An example for the geeks around: using Ohm's laws (Ohms = Volts / Amps, and Watts = Volts x Amps), with a resistance of 1 ohm and a power output of 25W, the atomizer needs 5 Volts and 5 Amps. Now let's say that the battery's voltage is 3.5 for example, it needs to draw enough Amps to provide the 25W, so using the second law I listed, Amps = 25 Watts / 3.5 Volts = 7.14 Amps. It's the actual drain on the battery, and as you can see it's different than the Current output on the atomizer side of the converter.

It is probably easy to do as the device knows the battery's voltage and the power output, and would be much more usefull.
(09-27-2015, 06:34 PM)Llama Wrote:  Am I mistaken or does the Current display shows the Amps on the atomizer side ? At least when I tested it in Power mode and used Ohm's law with the indicated voltage I was getting the Watts output. What we need is the Amps on the battery side to know the discharge rate the battery gets.

In case you wonder what I mean, the chipset (like all mods chipsets) is a DC-DC converter. It converts the Amps and Volts from the battery to the Amps and Volts needed to achieve the required power with the resistance. The battery itself has a fixed voltage output that can't be changed, it just goes down as the battery discharges, and the chipset draws more or less Amps from it depending on the power needed. If you're curious you can see the current battery's voltage by turning off the VTC (clicking 5 times), then long pressing both fire and - buttons.

An example for the geeks around: using Ohm's laws (Ohms = Volts / Amps, and Watts = Volts x Amps), with a resistance of 1 ohm and a power output of 25W, the atomizer needs 5 Volts and 5 Amps. Now let's say that the battery's voltage is 3.5 for example, it needs to draw enough Amps to provide the 25W, so using the second law I listed, Amps = 25 Watts / 3.5 Volts = 7.14 Amps. It's the actual drain on the battery, and as you can see it's different than the Current output on the atomizer side of the converter.

It is probably easy to do as the device knows the battery's voltage and the power output, and would be much more usefull.

I'm with you on this (http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2339).
Also there's certainly some power loss that hopefully would be taken into account. I don't think the VTC can measure battery current by means of hardware, but a correct calculation in software would at least provide something useful.