Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have query or suggestion about eVic-VTC Mini, post on this subforum!
(10-29-2015, 08:34 AM)Brisket Wrote:  Im not familiar with all the coefficient lingo but i think the problem lie with the coils that joyetech makes (ni. Ti.)i rebuilt a clr head vertically and horizontally  with ni200 26 gauge built down to  .05 ♎ (minimum for the evic vt in temp control) andthe vertical build sucks monkey b*lls however the horizontal build is unbelievable try and give that a go. Im vaping between 420-480 ferenhight great tast and clouds ☁ . With the prebuilt coils i was at 550f and not even close to as good as the one i built

Can you reveal how do you adjust the liquid valve control ring on those CLR heads?
Adjustable thermal resistance coefficient settings for using any kind of wire would be very good upgrade! Everyone from forums waiting exactly this feature in your mod.
(10-29-2015, 02:39 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(10-29-2015, 08:34 AM)Brisket Wrote:  Im not familiar with all the coefficient lingo but i think the problem lie with the coils that joyetech makes (ni. Ti.)i rebuilt a clr head vertically and horizontally  with ni200 26 gauge built down to  .05 ♎ (minimum for the evic vt in temp control) andthe vertical build sucks monkey b*lls however the horizontal build is unbelievable try and give that a go. Im vaping between 420-480 ferenhight great tast and clouds ☁ . With the prebuilt coils i was at 550f and not even close to as good as the one i built

Can you reveal how do you adjust the liquid valve control ring on those CLR heads?

On the clr heads they have two rings. The first ring is more like a cap(its the one with the o-ring on it that seats in the chimney) then there is the one directly below the cotton. If u get a hold of that bottom ring and thread it all the way down you would have opened the valve all the way. I belive they come from the manufacturer in the wide open position and take a bit of muscle power to loosen it.
If you need more help there is great tutorial on YouTube. Hope i helped
I'll look for the video but I still don't know what the ring actually does.
(10-29-2015, 07:13 PM)uas Wrote:  Adjustable thermal resistance coefficient settings for using any kind of wire would be very good upgrade! Everyone from forums waiting exactly this feature in your mod.

+1
One more vote for this. ^^^
(10-30-2015, 08:46 AM)peter-k Wrote:  I'll look for the video but I still don't know what the ring actually does.

The ring restricts the flow of juice to that coil. If you are useing a hi vg juice I'd recommend having it wide open.
Introduction TCR would be just a great feature because stores are often confused and materials under the guise of single- sell a completely different material or alloy! TCR and the function would allow temperature control to edit a specific user material
(10-30-2015, 08:25 PM)Brisket Wrote:  The ring restricts the flow of juice to that coil. If you are useing a hi vg juice I'd recommend having it wide open.

After you information I tried around a little. I understand when closing the ring we are closing the side openings? If so this has to be done very carefull as to not contrict the flow too much. I did when testing and as a result the device becomes very hot very quickly. I had to throw away the coil after my testing but never mind it was well worth the learning.
It would be nice if you could force the "New Coil", "Same Coil" message. When switching from an Ni200 coil to a SS coil with a similar resistance the VTC thinks that the resistance is close enough not to be an issue. Problem is the the TCR is very different between Ni200 and SS so a small variance in resistance could be a problem with temp control.
(11-07-2015, 06:28 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  It would be nice if you could force the "New Coil", "Same Coil" message. When switching from an Ni200 coil to a SS coil with a similar resistance the VTC thinks that the resistance is close enough not to be an issue. Problem is the the TCR is very different between Ni200 and SS so a small variance in resistance could be a problem with temp control.

+1