Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have query or suggestion about eVic-VTC Mini, post on this subforum!
(09-29-2015, 10:03 PM)zeus01 Wrote:  
(09-29-2015, 05:28 PM)GraspGG Wrote:  New Suggestion:

Would it be possible to let the "firing" screen hold some (1-3) seconds after stopping the "firing" before it changes back to the "current setting" screen? That way everyone would be able to see how the last vape has been - especially on "non VT" modes: vape duration, power, ...

Currently noone is able to see the "firing" screen if he/she is not standing in front of a mirror 眨眼

well you can hold the + - buttons while the mod is off,
hold it for 5 seconds,turn your screen upside down 微笑

Very nice tip, thank you very much ! 微笑

And yes, I want to read the display while vaping !
It's useful, for example, to tune the power while in TC mode.
Since the VTC mini has upgradable firmware and nice design it should keep sales going for longer. I think feature updates are important.

My suggestion.

The ability to use any kind of wire (TCR setting)

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/tc-beyond-ni200-nickel-purity-dicodes-ti-ss-resistherm-nife30-coefficient-of-resistance.676506/
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#

The Stainless Steel case is great. The VTC mini has stepdown and goes down to 1W is great. The 315C temp is good, it allows dry burn of Ti coil. Temp being first display item is good, don't change it. Menu access is good. Live display of stats is good.

I think only the top item on display needs to be labelled (e.g. Temp Ti). All other items should be obvious enough not to need labels (e.g. Atomizer, Battery, Voltage, Currant). They are already indicated by Ω, v, w, A.
This will allow more display area to show other settings like time. Time could have (s) to indicate seconds (e.g. 01234s).
(10-16-2015, 12:57 AM)user359 Wrote:  Since the VTC mini has upgradable firmware and nice design it should keep sales going for longer. I think feature updates are important.

My suggestion.

The ability to use any kind of wire (TCR setting)

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/tc-beyond-ni200-nickel-purity-dicodes-ti-ss-resistherm-nife30-coefficient-of-resistance.676506/
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#

The Stainless Steel case is great. The VTC mini has stepdown and goes down to 1W is great. The 315C temp is good, it allows dry burn of Ti coil. Temp being first display item is good, don't change it. Menu access is good. Live display of stats is good.

I think only the top item on display needs to be labelled (e.g. Temp Ti). All other items should be obvious enough not to need labels (e.g. Atomizer, Battery, Voltage, Currant). They are already indicated by Ω, v, w, A.
This will allow more display area to show other settings like time. Time could have (s) to indicate seconds (e.g. 01234s).

thank you for your suggestion. very appreciate.
(10-16-2015, 12:57 AM)user359 Wrote:  The ability to use any kind of wire (TCR setting)
+1, it would be very nice! And dynamic battery indicator, for example as SX350, it allows to assess battery quality.
Joyetech have just advised a new firmware is "coming soon" with the "next step for the Evic Mini". Wonder what that is going to be?
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
Wow I just did the 1.20 upgrade yesterday

Can you make my device actually working on TC mode for longer than a few hours? 眨眼
Hi guys, I tried posting a new thread but it seems it is stuck in "moderator approval process" or it simply did not work.

I know a lot of ppl have been reporting that the evic vtc mini vapes weak compared to other temp control devices. I just received mine yesterday and I feel the same comparing it to my vapor shark and other temperature control devices. I did some quick testing and here are my findings.

I used this formula to calculate my findings. (cut off Ohm - initial Ohm) / (nickel coefficient * initial Ohm) = temperature in C

My coil base resistance was 0.12ohm and a cut off resistance of 0.26ohm. I achieved the cut off resistance by firing the mod until the resistance stopped increasing and wattage was lowered due to temperature protection. I have the temperature set for 235C.

Using the formula above, this works out to a nickel coefficient of 0.005

From my reading and research, typical nickel coefficient is around 0.0056-.0060

I used a nickel coefficient of 0.0058 to calculate the change is resistance using the same base coil resistance. To achieve a temperature of 235C I need a change in resistance of 0.16

I had to set it to 260C (500F) on the evic vtc mini to achieve a change in resistance of 0.16..... and it feels similar to the vape quality I was getting on the vapor shark and Koopor mini.

Can someone from JoyTech look in to what value they are using for the nickel coefficient?

I am hoping the next update will resolve this "weak" vape many ppl online, including myself are reporting.

If I have made any mistakes or if other ppl want to chime in, please do so
(10-29-2015, 07:49 AM)BlackCRX Wrote:  Hi guys, I tried posting a new thread but it seems it is stuck in "moderator approval process" or it simply did not work.

I know a lot of ppl have been reporting that the evic vtc mini vapes weak compared to other temp control devices. I just received mine yesterday and I feel the same comparing it to my vapor shark and other temperature control devices. I did some quick testing and here are my findings.

I used this formula to calculate my findings. (cut off Ohm - initial Ohm) / (nickel coefficient * initial Ohm) = temperature in C

My coil base resistance was 0.12ohm and a cut off resistance of 0.26ohm. I achieved the cut off resistance by firing the mod until the resistance stopped increasing and wattage was lowered due to temperature protection.  I have the temperature set for 235C.

I used a nickel coefficient of 0.0058 to calculate the change is resistance using the same base coil resistance. To achieve a temperature of 235C I need a change in resistance of 0.16

I had to set it to 260C (500F) on the evic vtc mini to achieve a change in resistance of 0.16..... and it feels similar to the vape quality I was getting on the vapor shark and Koopor mini.

Can someone from JoyTech look in to what value they are using for the nickel coefficient?

I am hoping the next update will resolve this "weak" vape many ppl online, including myself are reporting.

Im not familiar with all the coefficient lingo but i think the problem lie with the coils that joyetech makes (ni. Ti.)i rebuilt a clr head vertically and horizontally with ni200 26 gauge built down to .05 ♎ (minimum for the evic vt in temp control) andthe vertical build sucks monkey b*lls however the horizontal build is unbelievable try and give that a go. Im vaping between 420-480 ferenhight great tast and clouds ☁ . With the prebuilt coils i was at 550f and not even close to as good as the one i built
(10-29-2015, 08:34 AM)Brisket Wrote:  
(10-29-2015, 07:49 AM)BlackCRX Wrote:  Hi guys, I tried posting a new thread but it seems it is stuck in "moderator approval process" or it simply did not work.

My coil base resistance was 0.12ohm and a cut off resistance of 0.26ohm. I achieved the cut off resistance by firing the mod until the resistance stopped increasing and wattage was lowered due to temperature protection.  I have the temperature set for 235C.

Im not familiar with all the coefficient lingo but i think the problem lie with the coils that joyetech makes (ni. Ti.)i rebuilt a clr head vertically and horizontally  with ni200 26 gauge built down to  .05 ♎ (minimum for the evic vt in temp control) andthe vertical build sucks monkey b*lls however the horizontal build is unbelievable try and give that a go. Im vaping between 420-480 ferenhight great tast and clouds ☁ . With the prebuilt coils i was at 550f and not even close to as good as the one i built

I don't use pre-built coils. My testing was done on Subtanks and Lemo 2 with RBA decks. I only build horizontal coils also.

I think the trend with vertical coils is because of the juice feed holes. It will absorb juice even with little vacuum aka loose airy draws for clouds vs the traditional horizontal coils that require vacuum to pull in juice (like the Lemo, Kayfun, original Subtank RBA deck, etc..