Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have query or suggestion about eVic-VTC Mini, post on this subforum!
Wow That is Beautiful I was thinking of doing that to my VT so I don't mess up the awesome paint job on mine

how about making a proper firmware that reads right?
we have been having issues on temp control hitting up directly,
a lot of people ahave posted on the ecf site,and few on this site?
(09-26-2015, 02:53 AM)zeus01 Wrote:  how about making a proper firmware that reads right?

Zeus, despite many replies on ECF you don't seem to quite understand TC. The firmware is working properly.

When you fire the VTC Mini an initial burst of power brings your coil up to your selected temperature. It then displays "Protection" and lowers the wattage considerably to maintain that selected temp. "Protection" is not an error. If set correctly, a proper wire is used and a good build is made, and cold resistance is properly locked, your coil should heat up VERY quickly and "Protection" should display in well less than a second. You will then see temp and wattage vary as the mod works to maintain that selected temperature.
It has nothing do with that. I am also having this issue of Temperature Proection. I am vaping a Ti coil at 230c with 40watts. I even select "new coil".

So as a test this morning I put a new Ti coil in. The eVic Mini had not been used all night, so everything was room temperature. I had primed the wick etc etc. I got the message "new coil" I right tapped the button. I fired up and Temperature Control came in straight away at about 140c, obviously I got hardly any vape at all. In the end I had to keep taking the tank off and on and selecting new coil until it stopped Temperature protection. I believe it is either faulty units or something is wrong with the firmware.

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
(09-26-2015, 09:32 PM)Madboy Wrote:  It has nothing girl do with that. I am also having this issue of Temperature Proection. I am vaping a Ti coil at 230c with 40watts. I even select "new coil".

So as a test this morning I put a new Ti coil in. The eVic Mini had not been used all night, so everything was room temperature. I had primed the wick etc etc. I got the message "new coil" I right tapped the button. I fired up and Temperature Control came in straight away at about 140c, obviously I got hardly any vape at all. In the end I had to keep taking the tank off and on and selecting new coil until it stopped Temperature protection. I believe it is either faulty units or something is wrong with the firmware.

Did you lock your cold resistance?
I locked the resistance back in when I was eventually able to get the temperature control to work. It works intermittently and I can't understand why it sometimes works.

Madboy

(09-26-2015, 09:32 PM)Madboy Wrote:  It has nothing do with that. I am also having this issue of Temperature Proection. I am vaping a Ti coil at 230c with 40watts. I even select "new coil".

Regards

Madboy

At 140deg C there's hardly any vape.
But at 230deg C you will get vape even with the temp Protection on. It comes on and goes off but vapor continues. Do you stop vaping when you see temp Protection come on screen?

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
(09-26-2015, 09:09 PM)VapingTurtle Wrote:  
(09-26-2015, 02:53 AM)zeus01 Wrote:  how about making a proper firmware that reads right?

Zeus, despite many replies on ECF you don't seem to quite understand TC. The firmware is working properly.

When you fire the VTC Mini an initial burst of power brings your coil up to your selected temperature. It then displays "Protection" and lowers the wattage considerably to maintain that selected temp. "Protection" is not an error. If set correctly, a proper wire is used and a good build is made, and cold resistance is properly locked, your coil should heat up VERY quickly and "Protection" should display in well less than a second. You will then see temp and wattage vary as the mod works to maintain that selected temperature.

well sorry if i sound dense mate,

if temp protection @480f starts in a less than 5 second drag
and produces hardly any vapor

(considering i have locked my resistance at room temp)

and what you say is true that its normal
then this is one crappy device.
(09-28-2015, 09:16 PM)Smok_King Wrote:  At 140deg C there's hardly any vape.
But at 230deg C you will get vape even with the temp Protection on. It comes on and goes off but vapor continues. Do you stop vaping when you see temp Protection come on screen?

I have no choice but to stop as there is no vape. Its driving me nuts. I have just ordered some CLR-Ti coils and see if the horizontal coils do this as well. We will then see if its the Vertical Ti coil or the actual eVic-VTC Mini.

Regards

Madboy

(09-29-2015, 06:58 AM)Madboy Wrote:  I have no choice but to stop as there is no vape. Its driving me nuts. I have just ordered some CLR-Ti coils and see if the horizontal coils do this as well. We will then see if its the Vertical Ti coil or the actual eVic-VTC Mini.

Regards

Madboy

The CLR heads are the way to go. Or try using other single coil RTA.
I use the KF4, Taifun GT2, Squape or the SUBtank with gr8 results.
The ego one tank chimney design is not the best. If you let it sit on the shelf for a day it will leak. 悲伤

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心