Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eVic-VTC Mini questions
Hello

I have an eVic-VTC Mini and would have a few questions about this box :

1) Will the upgradable firmware bring new features, like temperature control with stainless steel wire support for example, or will it just be used to fix bugs ?

2) When the device is turned off I know it is possible to show its internal temperature by pressing the activation button 10 times, and 20 times shows the firmware version. Is there others cool "hidden" features ?

3) Do the internal temperature control calculations use the displayed ohm value or is it more precise under the hood ?
(09-13-2015, 10:49 AM)Llama Wrote:  Hello

1) Will the upgradable firmware bring new features, like temperature control with stainless steel wire support for example, or will it just be used to fix bugs ?

2) When the device is turned off I know it is possible to show its internal temperature by pressing the activation button 10 times, and 20 times shows the firmware version. Is there others cool "hidden" features ?

3) Do the internal temperature control calculations use the displayed ohm value or is it more precise under the hood ?

Thank you for your questions.
The upgrade programme is coming soon. Please kindly be patient.
You've been great to discover such hidden features. And about the temperature control calculations that is what our engineers do.
Have a nice day.
(09-13-2015, 10:49 AM)Llama Wrote:  2) When the device is turned off I know it is possible to show its internal temperature by pressing the activation button 10 times, and 20 times shows the firmware version. Is there others cool "hidden" features ?

Thanks for the tip ! 微笑
Llama,
I would like to know how you like your Mini
I would love to get one but just bought the VT in cool black so money is tight not sure if I will wait or go with something else

Thanks Marshall for the infos, and you're welcome smu 微笑

(09-14-2015, 06:56 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  Llama,
 I would like to know how you like your Mini
I would love to get one but just bought the VT in cool black so money is tight not sure if I will wait or go with something else

I got the VT too since 6 weeks or so, and the Mini since 1 week. The mini feels a lot like the VT, the software is pretty much the same with the bypass mode added, but the build quality is maybe a bit better. I tried another company's mod before buying the VTC, won't give any name here but the device is probably the most direct competitor to the VTC, and I prefered Joyetech's software.

So in the end I took the Mini because I liked the software and wanted something smaller with replaceable batteries, and also because having only the VT I wouldn't have a backup TC mod. If I had to chose between the VT and the VTC now I would take the VTC.
(09-13-2015, 10:49 AM)Llama Wrote:  Hello

You can do tht on the V1.18 chip.
But they stop it on newer Version V1.19 chip.

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
(09-15-2015, 10:48 AM)Smok_King Wrote:  You can do tht on the V1.18 chip.
But they stop it on newer Version V1.19 chip.

On the VT yes (I have 1.18 chip), but we're talking about the VTC Mini
once again, same question.

i, we, others, have the Problem that our evic-mini won`t Show up "new coil" u can do what u want, it din`t Show up. i have testet 3! minis in store, all Shows that Problem, with ONE Atomizer, With Lemo Atomizer and another.
Sometimes (but ist really rare) it Shows and we have a trick, put the Atomizer super slowly on the mini than it will sometimes Show.

So, what is the Problem with this? i tell you, there are alot of People with this issue.

So, second, we have figured out another Problem.
Some of us have the issue that the temp Control Shows temp protection right at the Moment when hitting fire, so but 5min earlier everythink worked.
on my mini, all worked for 2-3 fills, for 6 hours, puff, let it stand, puff, let it stand, puff ISSUE.

used 200C
20W
0.16 Ohm
hit fire
...fire fire fire 85C 95C 120C 140C 170C 185C ...185C ... 185C
one again, the same
again, the same

let my Setup relax
fire 0.0000001 Seconds 190C, Temp Protection

Nothing on Setup has changed. take off, Atomizer didn`t fix the Problem, only NEW COIL will fix this.

Mini Shows same Settings
200C , 20W , 0.16 Ohm, so nothing changed but NEW COil fixed this.
Fire 85C 95C ..........

But somethimes the issue Comes back, and again, nothing has changed.

What is the Problem?
As you read, NEW COIL can fix this issue (dind`t know why) but we do also have the NEW COIL doen`t Show up issue.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can follow.
(09-15-2015, 01:37 PM)nemesiz Wrote:  As you read, NEW COIL can fix this issue (dind`t know why) but we do also have the NEW COIL doen`t Show up issue.

It shows the new coil dialog only if you remove an atomizer and replace it with one with a higher resistance. If you replace with the same resistance it won't change anything, and if the resistance is lower it will silently adjust. If you want to force a recalibration you can remove the atomizer and press the fire button with no atomizer, then put the atomizer and it will calibrate on the resistance it reads at that moment.

Also be sure you have not locked resistance.
And thats what i like, i dont need to Accept the "New Coil" Dialog everytime.

Thrilled to see the Firmware/Box Software. Joyetech i hope you bring something like Enscribe 舌 kidding.