Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Joyetech eVic VTC Mini Erratic Issues with TC
(10-21-2015, 03:34 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Kermit I am going to carry out some Use Case Tests on mine and email you the results hopefully tomorrow if not the day after. They will be in .docx (Microsoft Word format)
Your product testers or analysts should be able to follow it very easily and confirm whether the expected and actual outcome is as intended or not.

I'll keep it simple and specify what atomizer was used and resistance. Bear in mind that these atomizers work flawlessly in my mechanical mods and as I have mentioned before the wires and 510 connections are on tight. When my IPV4 arrives I will definitely be able to confirm whether temp control is broken on the Evic or not as I will have another TC regulated device to compare it with

All right. Looking forward to it. We'll try to help.
Can I ask users of the VTC Mini how their device behaves under the following scenarios for tc please. Also state what atomizer, wire resistance and wire type is used. I have also sent this to Joytech as I need to know what it is expected to do.

1. When you press the fire button with an atomizer attached to the device does the resistance fluctuate?
2. When you lock your resistance with an atomizer attached does it fluctuate when you press the fire button?
3. When you build a new Ti/Ni coil or place a new TC atomizer on your device does it ask if it is a new coil or same?
4. At what tolerance does the device not trigger the above event? i.e is it sensitive to resistance changes at 0.1ohm or 0.01ohm.
5. (Assuming you have placed an atomizer on the VTC mini at room temp and locked the resistance.)
Does the VTC mini after you have used it for a few minutes and pick it up to vape again ask:
5a) If your you have placed a new coil?
5b) Does detect a change in resistance?
5c) Does temperature protection kick in after a few seconds producing a weak vape?
6) Reset your device (remove atomizer and press fire button until No Atomizer found is displayed and screw atomizer on again) and let it normalize to room temp. When placing on the same atomizer you have used does it ask if it is a new or same coil?

See Inline for how mine operates.
OBS Crius 0.1ohm build. Dual coil T wire.
Billow V1 0.2ohm build. Dual coil Ti wire.
Velocity RDA 0.2 build. Dual coil Ti wire.

(10-21-2015, 10:03 PM)Majnu Wrote:  Can I ask users of the VTC Mini how their device behaves under the following scenarios for tc please. Also state what atomizer, wire resistance and wire type is used. I have also sent this to Joytech as I need to know what it is expected to do.

1. When you press the fire button with an atomizer attached to the device does the resistance fluctuate?
Yes

2. When you lock your resistance with an atomizer attached does it fluctuate when you press the fire button?
Yes

3. When you build a new Ti/Ni coil or place a new TC atomizer on your device does it ask if it is a new coil or same?
Sometimes it does however most of the time it doesn't. I swap atomizers from my Billow to OBS which has a 0.1ohm difference and I can see that the VTC mini shows that the resistance is different but it does not ask if the coil is new or the same.

4. At what tolerance does the device not trigger the above event? i.e is it sensitive to resistance changes at 0.1ohm or 0.01ohm.
Unknown

5. (Assuming you have placed an atomizer on the VTC mini at room temp and locked the resistance.)
   Does the VTC mini after you have used it for a few minutes and pick it up to vape again ask:
Sometimes, most of the time Yes.

Yes. It sees that the resistance is different after it has cooled down.

5c) Does temperature protection kick in after a few seconds producing a weak vape?
Yes

6) Reset your device (remove atomizer and press fire button until No Atomizer found is displayed and screw atomizer on again) and let it normalize to room temp. When placing on the same atomizer you have used does it ask if it is a new or same coil?

No. As I said the only way to get it to show that a new atomizer or coil has been placed is to follow the video guide mentioned previously in the thread. However when you go to vape after the atomizer has cooled down, the resistance obviously changes and when vaping temperature protection kicks in.

Yes.

yes.

mostly no, but sometimes.

not sure I am using the ego one mega with ni coils.

no.
no.
sometimes yes.
no.
1. When you press the fire button with an atomizer attached to the device does the resistance fluctuate? Yes In Ti Mode

2. When you lock your resistance with an atomizer attached does it fluctuate when you press the fire button? Yes

3. When you build a new Ti/Ni coil or place a new TC atomizer on your device does it ask if it is a new coil or same?Sometimes

4. At what tolerance does the device not trigger the above event? i.e is it sensitive to resistance changes at 0.1ohm or 0.01ohm. I have not a clue

5a) If your you have placed a new coil? Only Sometimes

5b) Does detect a change in resistance? Yes.

5c) Does temperature protection kick in after a few seconds producing a weak vape? Yes Sometimes

6) Reset your device (remove atomizer and press fire button until No Atomizer found is displayed and screw atomizer on again) and let it normalize to room temp. When placing on the same atomizer you have used does it ask if it is a new or same coil? Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
1. When you press the fire button with an atomizer attached to the device does the resistance fluctuate? Yes In Ti Mode

2. When you lock your resistance with an atomizer attached does it fluctuate when you press the fire button? Yes

3. When you build a new Ti/Ni coil or place a new TC atomizer on your device does it ask if it is a new coil or same?Sometimes

4. At what tolerance does the device not trigger the above event? i.e is it sensitive to resistance changes at 0.1ohm or 0.01ohm. I don't know

5a) If your you have placed a new coil? Sometimes

5b) Does detect a change in resistance? Yes.

5c) Does temperature protection kick in after a few seconds producing a weak vape? Yes always

6) Reset your device (remove atomizer and press fire button until No Atomizer found is displayed and screw atomizer on again) and let it normalize to room temp. When placing on the same atomizer you have used does it ask if it is a new or same coil? Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt
Thanks that confirms we're all having the same issues with different atomizers. I think that the fluctuating resistance is normal for the Joytech as I have read that other non DNA200 devices do the same by measuring real time resistance which occurs when the coil is heated. However all the other issues we're experiencing definitely points to a fault.
(10-22-2015, 06:16 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Thanks that confirms we're all having the same issues with different atomizers. I think that the fluctuating resistance is normal for the Joytech as I have read that other non DNA200 devices do the same by measuring real time resistance which occurs when the coil is heated. However all the other issues we're experiencing definitely points to a fault.

Your conclusion is grossly flawed. We are not all having issues. A few are. (Probably a very small minority of owners.)
(10-22-2015, 12:25 PM)VapingTurtle Wrote:  Your conclusion is grossly flawed. We are not all having issues. A few are. (Probably a very small minority of owners.)

I totally agree here, just because people on the forum are moaning, it doesnt mean everyone else is having problems. Most people come to forums to either have a greavence or like me want to be part of a community, I like joining forms to get tips and tricks on devices/items etc.

I am having my "Star of the Month" eVic-VTC Mini delivered soon and i shall see what that one is like. I only intermittently have TC control problems. I think i may have found a fix, well a friend of mine has and he may be posting it soon. We have done a few tests and (cross fingers) may have found a fix to the "dry burn" taste and the TC Control. So watch this space.

Regards

Madboy
eVic VTC Mini & eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer Tank

[Image: ?banner=12926]
(10-22-2015, 12:25 PM)VapingTurtle Wrote:  
(10-22-2015, 06:16 AM)Majnu Wrote:  Thanks that confirms we're all having the same issues with different atomizers. I think that the fluctuating resistance is normal for the Joytech as I have read that other non DNA200 devices do the same by measuring real time resistance which occurs when the coil is heated. However all the other issues we're experiencing definitely points to a fault.

Your conclusion is grossly flawed. We are not all having issues. A few are. (Probably a very small minority of owners.)

Did you reply to my short set of questions?
No
So then realise I was referring to those that that did

无法决定

If it is working for you why aren't you being helpful and answering the questions so we can determine how a non faulty one behaves?

My reply from Joytech led me nowhere all they said is what I already found out which was it reads in real time. They didn't even attempt to answer my questions. Like I said before they shoukd be called unjoyfultech
Here ya go, Majnu:

1. When you press the fire button with an atomizer attached to the device does the resistance fluctuate? Of course, when using a TC coil.
2. When you lock your resistance with an atomizer attached does it fluctuate when you press the fire button? Of course, when using a TC coil.
3. When you build a new Ti/Ni coil or place a new TC atomizer on your device does it ask if it is a new coil or same? Only if it is somewhat higher resistance.
4. At what tolerance does the device not trigger the above event? i.e is it sensitive to resistance changes at 0.1ohm or 0.01ohm. Don't know; don't care.
5a) If your you have placed a new coil? No.
5b) Does detect a change in resistance? No.
5c) Does temperature protection kick in after a few seconds producing a weak vape? TC kicks in in less than a second, just as it should. No weak vape. The weak vape may be because you insist on using dual/multiple coils which may have differing resistances which may grossly affect the TC. If the coils differ by as little as .03 ohms (very easy occurrence; very small difference), the TC delta may well occur before one of the coils gets up to your desired temp. Use a single coil for TC. Or it may be because you like huge clouds and high wattage, and that is not what TC is about. Temper your expectations.
6) Reset your device (remove atomizer and press fire button until No Atomizer found is displayed and screw atomizer on again) and let it normalize to room temp. When placing on the same atomizer you have used does it ask if it is a new or same coil? No.

There. I'm so happy to have wasted that time for you, Manju.

Bottom line, most of these devices work when used properly. Many of these devices are used improperly. A few of these devices are defective (as is reasonably expected with any manufactured product) and should be replaced by the retail vendor from which you bought it. If you cannot get satisfaction from the vendor, consider this a $35-$50 lesson on buying from a reputable vendor.