Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Joyetech eVic VTC Mini Erratic Issues with TC
Have you ever contacted the vendor before? If not, kindly suggest you contact him first for after-sale service with the receipt.
Our warranty service is provided by distributors.
(10-18-2015, 11:01 PM)Majnu Wrote:  Are any Joytech reps going to respond then?

You pay for the mod only. No where on the box it says comes with a personal service to teach you how to operate.
If the mod is broken why don't you return it to the shop.
The warranty is there for a reason. If all electronic devices are so perfect then there's no need for warranty. It will not break. Even the best electronic devices(Sony, Panasonic, NEC, etc) has a return department. Does that mean they are all shit.
I look at it this way, if they sell 10,000 units and can keep returns under 100 unit that is consider gr8 in my books. That equals to 1% only. Now here there are less than 10 broken ones. I think Joyetech is doing a gr8 job. 大咧嘴

心JOYETECH - NO:1 Ecig brand 心
(10-19-2015, 10:47 AM)Smok_King Wrote:  I look at it this way, if they sell 10,000 units and can keep returns under 100 unit that is consider gr8 in my books. That equals to 1% only. Now here there are less than 10 broken ones. I think Joyetech is doing a gr8 job. 大咧嘴

And 1% failure rate would be VERY low in the e-cig business. Anything below 5% is considered acceptable by vendors.

Joytech sells to distributors, distributors sell to retailers, retailers sell to you, and retailers is where you should expect to get service.

And service costs money. Sometimes when we buy from the extremely low cost retailers they cannot afford to provide the best service. I've seen posts complaining that some vendors are refusing to exchange or refund for defective units. They always seem to me to be the vendors that are selling at the absolute lowest price. (Not always the case, but...)
困惑
This is one reason I deal pretty much only with my B&M Yes I may pay more but I get the service! If I have an issue it is 99% of the time no questions asked & I am not waiting weeks for an online company to figure out the issue then fix / replace or do nothing
I walk in & am walking out with a replacement or the unit is fixed!

(10-19-2015, 10:47 AM)Smok_King Wrote:  
(10-18-2015, 11:01 PM)Majnu Wrote:  Are any Joytech reps going to respond then?

You pay for the mod only. No where on the box it says comes with a personal service to teach you how to operate.
If the mod is broken why don't you return it to the shop.
The warranty is there for a reason. If all electronic devices are so perfect then there's no need for warranty. It will not break. Even the best electronic devices(Sony, Panasonic, NEC, etc) has a return department. Does that mean they are all shit.
I look at it this way, if they sell 10,000 units and can keep returns under 100 unit that is consider gr8 in my books. That equals to 1% only. Now here there are less than 10 broken ones. I think Joyetech is doing a gr8 job. 大咧嘴

I am a tech savvy person so don't try and be condescending by saying I need a personal service on how to operate the device.

The reason I have not returned it to the shop yet was because I was looking for a solution, by the response from Joytech above it looks like a hardware fault. This now gives me armour to ask all other owners on forums, reddit, social media to check if their units could potentially be faulty.
Don't take this in a bad way but did you read the Manual there is a procedure on installing a new atomizer

(10-19-2015, 05:16 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  This is one reason I deal pretty much only with my B&M Yes I may pay more but I get the service! If I have an issue it is 99% of the time no questions asked & I am not waiting weeks for an online company to figure out the issue then fix / replace or do nothing
I walk in & am walking out with a replacement or the unit is fixed!

That works great if you've got a good B&M. Just like online vendors, the service you get at B&Ms varies.

(10-19-2015, 05:34 PM)Majnu Wrote:  I am a tech savvy person so don't try and be condescending by saying I need a personal service on how to operate the device.
(10-19-2015, 05:49 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  Don't take this in a bad way but did you read the Manual there is a procedure on installing a new atomizer

Mujnu is tech savvy, so, in other words, no, he or she did not read the manual. 微笑
(insert facepalm smiley here)
大咧嘴转眼珠 大咧嘴

(10-19-2015, 06:29 AM)Majnu Wrote:  
(10-19-2015, 05:09 AM)Griff Wrote:  Having the exact same issues with mine, very frustrating,
Tom.

I really really hope this is a software issue that can get resolved with a f/w update and not a hardware fault.

If it is a hardware problem then customers need to be made aware so they can return them back to vendors through an RMA. Once Joytech becomes the most RMA'd ecig maybe retailers won't bother buying them in from distributors and then Joytech will take notice. I know it sounds far fetched but until Joytech respond I can see no other use for this device except to use it in vw mode.

If it is a f/w problem then equally Joytech should respond instead of living in silence and give their customers confidence that they are working on a solution.

For the meanwhile I've gone back to using Kanthal on my mech mod.

This.

That is all I want, either a confirmation that the unit is faulty so I can return it and get a new one OR that it is an issue they are aware of that can be fixed with FW.

It is ridiculous that we've even had to wait this long for a response from the company that makes the device.

Ridiculous.
This.

That is all I want, either a confirmation that the unit is faulty so I can return it and get a new one OR that it is an issue they are aware of that can be fixed with FW.

It is ridiculous that we've even had to wait this long for a response from the company that makes the device.

Ridiculous.
[/quote]

agreed, Joytech please tell us if it's hardware related (I can then exchange it for another) or is it a software issue (i will wait until the next update).