Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Building On The RBA Base
I'm almost to the point of going back to my MVP 2.0 because of the leaking issues with this thing. I love the flavor and vapor and overall, it's my favorite device, but if I can't use the RBA, then I won't use it all. I didn't really like it much without the RBA installed.
Whatever you do, STAY OFF THOSE STINKIES!!!

[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=34289]
I'm experimenting with other builds and will have some posted within the next day or two.

The previous build was experiencing leakage problems, so I'm trying new things.

Also experimenting with pre-made coil's that the RBA Base comes installed with and 2 Extra. Will report back once complete.

(04-02-2015, 10:27 PM)rsfkevski Wrote:  This is the way I built one coil.  This gives a little tighter draw than I typically like, although some may like some restricted airflow.  I have not experienced any negative effects of this build.  Flavor and Vapor production were still excellent and I experienced little leaking.  I used 30ga Kanthal A-1 wrapped 6 times on a 1.5mm hex key (allen wrench).  I have not tested this for resistance, but they're normally around 1.4-1.6ohms.  

Enjoy the pictures!

Carefully move the cotton with tweezers, laying it clockwise around the base and gently pushing down into the tray.  Soak with favorite e-liquid (I only use 100% VG) carefully screw tube and lid on (don't forget the silicone gasket on top) and VAPE AWAY!

That's clearly too much cotton, i had the problem with leakage and i tought more cotton would help but no after 1 day of rebuilding i tried with less cotton much less and then it worked perfectly
I have used less cotton and it helped, at first. I have also since found that if the wicking holes are not properly machined, it will cause issues as well. The holes must line up away from the screws so the cotton can be placed in front of them. If hole is not covered with cotton, too much liquid is allowed onto the deck and leakage happens.

I will get some pictures up of what I'm referring to when I get a chance.

Until next time, Happy Vaping!!

(05-04-2015, 04:54 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  
(05-01-2015, 09:48 PM)rsfkevski Wrote:  I have used less cotton and it helped, at first.  I have also since found that if the wicking holes are not properly machined, it will cause issues as well.  The holes must line up away from the screws so the cotton can be placed in front of them.  If hole is not covered with cotton, too much liquid is allowed onto the deck and leakage happens.  

I will get some pictures up of what I'm referring to when I get a chance.

Until next time,  Happy Vaping!!

good to see you have not given up lol ...I gave up could not get it right back to the normal base and happily vaping away  大咧嘴

Well, I've gotten almost 90% of the dripping stopped. It still drips from time to time, especially when laid on it's side (while charging) for more than a few hours. I still have yet to get pics of a build, but there is much less cotton. I have also since had one of my RBA Bases go bad (stripped chimney cap), but Joyetech says they're going to make good on it.

Nonetheless, I still use my eGrip full-time and have yet to find a better, more convenient, vapor production, flavor producing, device.

That Love/Hate relationship that seems to never end 心 生气 心 生气 心

ordered my RBA today,kinda excited to try it! 微笑
微笑  smoke free since January 2014 ?微笑
I'll have to get some pictures of a build up for you liz...the more about the builds you see, the better.  There's a decent video about how the wicks are suppose to be.  The cotton should fill but slide through the coil.  

(05-20-2015, 02:47 AM)rsfkevski Wrote:  I'll have to get some pictures of a build up for you liz...the more about the builds you see, the better.  There's a decent video about how the wicks are suppose to be.  The cotton should fill but slide through the coil.  

Thanks so much rsfkevski......I'll definitely be coming back to here when I get them (yes I said them because I ordered 2 as I also ordered my 2nd eGrip) 舌 ,though my plan is to just use the pre-built coil....ya never know 转眼珠
I've found that the pre-built coils still need a little cotton trimming to work great in the RBA. The coil itself will last me about 8-10 tanks, but the wicks only lasts a few, but it all depends on the liquids you're using as well.

thats good to know rsfkevski..... I have to come back to here after I recieve them ! really appreciate your help 微笑