Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have query or suggestion about eVic-VTC Mini, post on this subforum!
Dual coil setup is not well suited for this kind of TC that is predominant in the market now by registering the wire resistance. It is best suited for single spaced coils of 0.24 - 0.30 ga. And I don't say it can't be made work by perfectly aligning both coils.
^I get it but other mods don't jump out of TC on dual coils. It can be fixed by tweaking the firmware.

The VTC/VTwo have not had any real challengers till now. The NX75 is going to be a problem for Joyetech. I suggest they have a look at it.

A few things are needed to match it.
-Eliminate jumping out of TC with SS ( dual coils ) (yes, spaced coils)
-VV mode 0.01v adjustment
-Firing Button Profiles

the nx75 already has some interest because it has a zinc alloy, Aluminium & SS case option.

Mods, delete this post after reading. Also, I think that company has been reading the JT forum and have used that information to make the NX75
(07-24-2016, 09:11 AM)user359 Wrote:  Hey Kermit.

Re: jumping out of TC mode and usually only with SS.
SOLUTION

SNIP!!

Quote:SNIP!!
make sure that both coils ramp-up and glow identical to each other.

Maybe a little more tolerance needs to be in the firmware.

I have had this issue myself and I don't believe it's a coil matching issue as the Ohm reading is the patch of least resistance and I always pre-burn and balance/spread the heat out. Plus I have had it do it with single coils as well, No Im leaning more towards a firmware issue myself I have noticed that for me it only does it when my coil is less than .25 Ohms I have never been booted to power mode with a coil higher than that. I think that when using a really low and also THICKER coil it kicks you to power mode because the resistance does not change the way the unit expects it to, so it then assumes a kanthal wire and kicks you to power mode. I think it does this because larger coils take to long to heat up with the available ramping. I have had some success with lowering the TCR and then just turning up the unit, also try locking the coil in HOT.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
So you've had it happen with single coils. Interesting.

I use single coil, 4 turns, 2.5mm of 316L ribbon (0.8x0.2mm) at 0.2 ohms (15W) and it's never jumped out of tc. It's about the same circumference as 24g.

Next coil I'll try some 24g.

At first I thought it jumped out of TC on dual coils because one lead was trapped against thread instead of under screw but nothing fixed it. The quote I posted before was the only time users actually fixed it. I've yet to test it but other users seem to agree.
Yes It was rather large I forget exact winding specs but I do remember it read as .14 Ohm I thought it was weird because it shouldn't work in Power made at that resistance.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

TC is more unreliable below 0.3 ohms with SS wire, which makes sense in view of the smaller resistance change of that material. Please don't forget the device is one of the most accurate TC devices in the market, and forgive it this relatively minor flaw popping out of TC mode probably a bit earlier than other devices. It might be a result of its sensitive behaviour.
It is the best on the market, but the device does not exactly read the coils. But I am wondering if it is not a constant enough error that the firmware programmer couldn't just add a factor to subtract from the devices reading to make it display the (more) correct ohms. it seems my coils read .01 to .02 too high on the device, could the program not subtract 0.015 from its reading and display more correctly? Are your misreads constant @peter-k @Axleofevil ?
This just takes us back to adding the option in the firmware to allow the user to manually adjust the known resistance of the coil in use. (Within a certain range of the detected resistance of course). My Evic's all read differently from one another but they are all consistent with where they read.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

(07-25-2016, 12:07 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  It is the best on the market, but the device does not exactly read the coils. But I am wondering if it is not a constant enough error that the firmware programmer couldn't just add a factor to subtract from the devices reading to make it display the (more) correct ohms. it seems my coils read .01 to .02 too high on the device, could the program not subtract 0.015 from its reading and display more correctly? Are your misreads constant @peter-k @Axleofevil ?

As for me, I actually don't care much what number my screen reads for as long as it stays constant and the CPU calculates a reasonable vape from it. Which is what it does, IMO.

I did notice other devices may be lesser sensitive at lower ohms or accept different SS wire grades SS easier, and such. But in this price class there are not too many which do temperature control as accurate as the eVic Mini does. I viewed loads of PBusardo videos with hours worth of oscilloscope graphs to know this.

In one forum I participate people are constantly singing to me DNA200 DNA200 DNA200 praising songs, albeit telling me at the same time that TC does not work too well. What the fxck. It is the best but then TC does not work as well as my much cheaper eVic Mini? While the exclusive DNA200 owners are still fine-tuning ramp-up and manipulating ohm values I switch my eVic Mini on, set my temperature, and watch - it works! Although I am technically very interested I want to enjoy my vape and not get a doctor title in vaping technology.
(07-25-2016, 11:07 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  This just takes us back to adding the option in the firmware to allow the user to manually adjust the known resistance of the coil in use. (Within a certain range of the detected resistance of course).  My Evic's all read differently from one another but they are all consistent with where they read.

are they all consistently +0.015 ohm?