Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid resistance reading problem
My CUBOID failed to do TC mode, why? Because of a faulty resistance reader/sensor/whatever. I tried a lot of things like downgrade/upgrade/150/200/whatever, but nothing. Now I start to think I was fooled by a lot of youtube reviewers. But I think they only received a good product that's why they recommend us to buy it. When I first got this item I noticed something odd about the ohm its like +6 to +10ohm but who cares I use kanthal that time (NOOB) but when I tried to use TC it failed failed failed failed. It AUTO SWITCH TO POWER MODE 20 WATTS. I tried my atty builds with my friends Cuboid but his device works fine and I mean fine like my EVIC MINI VTC. So its like a Badluck for me right? Anyway I'm going to disposed this device perhaps sell it cheap and lied that everything is 100% OK LOL but no more Joyetech products not again.

Griffin SS316L; AWG26; dual 5 wraps; diameter 3mm --- Evic Mini 0.18 / Cuboid 0.24
Velocity Mini RDA SS316L; AWG26; single 7wraps; 3mm --- Evic Mini 0.54 / Cuboid 0.59

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi fastblur,

Fisrt of all, the Kanthal coil is not available to be used under TC mode. It is kinda of skill to use SS316L in TC mode, diffrent builds will make different results, our pre-set SS mode is not universal for all SS heads, so you can try TCR mode, it will help you to challenge coils with differet wraps or diameters. In fact each build has its own working profile, if tuned by proper TCR settings, you can maximize its function.
then ask for replacememt. it might have modification defect when you buy it..

and use ss wire to do tc... kanthal is not reliable to do there
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-20-2016, 11:28 AM)AnTHrax Wrote:  then ask for replacememt. it might have modification defect when you buy it..

I agree, get it replaced, it's probably faulty. Mine does TC just fine, I have tried it with Ni200, SS316 and SS316L, and all worked fine. (Using GeekVape Griffin 25 RTA).
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]
Try another brand 316L wire. May be borrow from a friend, or get a small piece from a vapeshop.
(07-20-2016, 11:28 AM)AnTHrax Wrote:  then ask for replacememt. it might have modification defect when you buy it..

Bought my device via online 5 months ago and my government only provide us 7 days for replacement if you bought it from a physical store. Worst if bought online.

(07-20-2016, 07:50 PM)peter-k Wrote:  Try another brand 316L wire. May be borrow from a friend, or get a small piece from a vapeshop.

Others Cuboid, Wismec RX200, even my own EVIC steadily reads 0.18 ohm. If it stays that way TC works fine.
(07-20-2016, 09:37 AM)fastblur Wrote:  My CUBOID failed to do TC mode, why? <clipped>

Sometimes just a bad coil does this, try rebuilding maybe 1 less wrap, double check for shorts. every time i've had that happen it was a bad coil.
Dont know what happen but my Cuboid seems to fixed by itself. I was using smart mode soon as I emptied a bottle of ejuice I switched to another mode and it reads almost exactly as my evic and its stable this time only +0.01 difference. TC works fine again for 3 weeks now but I don't know for how long. Anyway Ill continue posting this thread if something goes wrong again.
At that sort of low ohms wired things are possible. I dust corn settles on the plus, humidity changes, or your wife get's her monthlys.

Thanks for reporting back!
Sounds like you used kanthal.... you cant tc kanthal on presets. Use the tcr and play with the settings. Try google search on kanthal temp control and you'll understand.
Seriously, internet is such a widespread luxury and you still fail at a 5 second search........ no offense.