Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Other A serious request for all FIRMWARE
灯泡 
I'd like to say something general about Joyetech firmware.

It is not easy for people like me, who don't have very good eyesight, to read the screens on our devices. The problem is usually twofold:

1) Option to lower/raise the brightness of the screen

Since custom firmwares can do it, we know it's possible to change it. And it helps a lot, especially when you use your device outside in the sunlight. At 47% brightness (default value on stock firmware for my VTwo Mini), I have a hard time reading the screen at daytime. But already at 50% brightness, readability has increased so much that I can read it when I'm outside. While I'm sure that screen brightness has an impact on longevity and power consumption of the screen, people would still greatly benefit from having a chance to chose freely between let's say 45-55%.

2) Size of characters/letters/numbers

If one's eyesight is below average, it is very hard to read screens on our devices. I too love a sytlish UI, but I would say that usability comes 1st, stylishness 2nd. As a matter of principle. It would be greatly appreciated if the UI designers could put greater emphasis on readability.

I'm sure you've heard both points in some variation countless times before, but I especially signed up to this forum to post these things, because they're so important to me.
Thanks for your consideration.