Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FIXED: CUBIS Spitting & Burning Coil Issue
(04-30-2016, 03:25 PM)Dash Wrote:  SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

I was facing the same issue with my CUBIS when using the provided RBA Heads and 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 ohm Heads.
I was getting serious amounts of Hot Oil Spitting at me through the mouthpiece. It was very unpleasant.

How did i fix this?

Follow the steps below. Follow this process to set up your tank every time and you wont have any issues.

STEP 1: Put a 2-3 drops of ejuice in middle hole for 1.0, and 1.5 ohm heads or put 3-5 drops of ejuice on cotton for 0.5 ohm and RBA Heads (to prevent dry burn)
STEP 2: Fill tank a BELOW max fill line (IMPORTANT)
STEP 3: Screw the atomizer tube to the tank base and connect to eVic or which ever MOD you are using
STEP 4: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles form from air pockets.
STEP 5: Take 10 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 6: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles from air pockets.
STEP 7: Take 10 quick 1 second puffs with power this time (this will help the new coil heat up)
STEP 8: Take 5 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 9: Take 5 quick 2-3 second puffs with power this time (you will taste the flavor better now)
*Some times i repeat STEPS 7-8 a sew more times.  

NOTE:  I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.
         When i top up the tank with more ejuice (without changing head) i follow steps 2-9 only.

The above steps have been taken from Dwaine Adkin's "Joyetech Cubis new coil setup" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yHbaNG-Vqw

Sounds funny but this works!

Agree and If it is still spitting be sure to firmly tighten the tank cap and repeat the above steps.