Joyetech Social
eGrip has arrived - Printable Version

+- Joyetech Social (http://social.joyetech.com)
+-- Forum: Vapers' Community (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Contest (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: eGrip has arrived (/showthread.php?tid=391)

eGrip has arrived - N - 03-26-2015

the tiny giant

hi, folks, my eGrip arrived a couple of days ago (thanks, Joyetech for the opportunity), but i decided to test it a little bit before giving my review about it. the first thing i did was to order an rba head and a case - i like to take good care of my devices.

now, the device is a lot more than i expected, even with the prebuilt head. i say "even with", because it is one of the worst heads i have ever encountered. first i tried it with my favourite regular 50-50 vg/pg liquid, and it just could not cope with the thickness. it kept on giving me horrible burnt taste after the 3rd 4th inhale. with a thinner liquid it performed well, but in this case it started gurgling. annoying, again. although i have a good amount of experience with either prebuilt heads and rba's, i just couldn't figure out what was wrong. probably it's the design - of course, this is MY opinion only. BUT: as long as i did not chainvape, and used it around 1o watts, it was okay. flavour was good, no gurgling, vapor production was also decent. for such a tiny and compact device, it is near outstanding.

then everything changed drastically when i put the rba head with the preinstalled wick inside. as i'd expected, flavour improved a lot as well as vapor production. still, the gurgling reappeared sometimes. so i took the preinstalled wick and wire out, made one of my own with 0.3 mm A1 kanthal wire and Japanese organic cotton. the gurgling persisted. then i took a good look at the rba section, and noticed that the wick gets the liquid from 4 holes. two of them on those sides where the cotton wasn't reaching. so i stuffed a little cotton there, and that solved the problem.

the filling method is versatile, i like that - it can be filled either through the fill hole, or at the bottom, of course, after taking the head out. the lack of the numeral wattage markings (only the 2o w position marked with numbers) does not bother me at all, since i adjust all my devices to taste.

in conclusion, the eGrip appears to be a revolutionary, little, lovable stealth vape device to me. i just love tiny vw devices, at least i prefer them to cannon barrels 微笑 and i encountered not one single device so far that would fit into my idea of tiny better than the eGrip. with the rba head installed and figured out, it has been my number one device for two days so far. i guess, if the battery was replaceable, i'd say it would be my nr.1 device for a long period.

thanks again, Joyetech for the opportunity!

RE: eGrip has arrived - rsfkevski - 03-28-2015

Have you had any issues with leaking, at all? I seem to have some serious leaking issues, like 1ml lost every time I fill it. It leaks from through the RBA Base air hole.

RE: eGrip has arrived - N - 03-29-2015

(03-28-2015, 07:57 AM)rsfkevski Wrote:  Have you had any issues with leaking, at all?  I seem to have some serious leaking issues, like 1ml lost every time I fill it.  It leaks from through the RBA Base air hole.

I haven't had any leaking problems with the rba head. The coils that come with the packages are good, but I made one myself, it's not such a big deal, you just have to put the right amount of cotton, and all over the coil, because there are 4 juice holes you need to cover in order to prevent the device from leaking. If you put too much, you will have wicking problems and it will give you burnt taste, too few will make the device leak and burn the cotton sooner. I don't use the atomizer heads, because I vape 70/30 Vg/Pg liquids, and they seem to be too thick, the head just cannot wick properly, and was constantly giving me be burnt taste.

It's a great device, I carry it everywhere I go since i've got it. It's comfortable, tiny and does the job better than many expensive atomizer tanks don't.

RE: eGrip has arrived - vallou - 03-30-2015

I use 60/40 blend in my eGrip and haven't had any leaking issues or problems.