Joyetech Social
Riftcore - Printable Version

+- Joyetech Social (http://social.joyetech.com)
+-- Forum: Question, Suggestion & Feedback (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Questions (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+---- Forum: FAQ (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+----- Forum: RFC (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=229)
+----- Thread: Riftcore (/showthread.php?tid=28921)

Pages: 1 2 3

Riftcore - Stinger - 08-03-2018

I got a Riftcore a few weeks ago, and really liked it.  Great flavor, very quick & easy to refill and change wicks!

But then 2 days age a problem showed up: the slide-top would not fully open for refill, would stop with only 1/2 the fill slot showing.

So I closed it & tried again: same issue, would not open all the way.  Kept trying this 5-6 more times and it finally opened all the way, but ...

The silicon "flap" that seals the fill slot (when closed) popped out!  It now sticks out like a tongue every time the top slide is opened.

[Image: Riftcore-flap-2L.jpg]

I have refilled it 3 times like that, and it still vapes good, but on one of those refills, it did not seal the slot adequately, and juice slowly leaked out the bottom.

This is such a new product that I've not found any user reports out there, so I don't know if this just a single defective unit (seal not adequately affixed to underside of top), or a design flaw in general.

And as far as I can tell, this sliding cap is a permanent assembly, so can't be taken apart for repair.

So what say Joyetech?  Is this a defective unit that I can get replaced under warranty?  Or is it a design flaw?

RE: Riftcore - CosmicTruth - 08-03-2018

Sorry this happened, some tanks come with a spare.
Where did you purchase the tank? Your normal warranty procedure is to return the unit to the point of sale for repair, If they are unable to resolve the issue then you can get support involved.
It looks like just the seal went out, or was not fully inserted.
Sorry dude.

RE: Riftcore - Stinger - 08-03-2018

(08-03-2018, 11:34 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  Sorry this happened, some tanks come with a spare.
Where did you purchase the tank? Your normal warranty procedure is to return the unit to the point of sale for repair, If they are unable to resolve the issue then you can get support involved.
It looks like just the seal went out, or was not fully inserted.
Sorry dude.
The spares kit includes the usual o-rings and such, but this is not your typical user replaceable part.

The sliding top cap is permanently assembled together at the factory, can't be taken apart by the user.  Even if it could, there is no spare for this seal in the kit. And it certainly shouldn't fail in less than a month.

The vendor told me the same thing: "it's just a seal, you should have a replacement in the kit.  If not, contact Joyetech for a replacement seal".

I explained the same to them: it's not a user replaceable part, but they're not willing to address it until Joyetech determines the fault.

So that's why I'm here.  It's either defective, or it's a design flaw that others will also encounter as time goes by.

RE: Riftcore - Ippolit - 08-04-2018

Nasty. That part is integral to the sliding part of the top and is ofc not user replaceable.

It's defective and the responsibility lies with the seller, they then claim from their wholesaler or Joyetech if they bought direct- possible depending on the country.

Which country are you in?

There's some real user reviews in this forum btw.

RE: Riftcore - Stinger - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 12:33 AM)Ippolit Wrote:  Nasty. That part is integral to the sliding part of the top and is ofc not user replaceable.

It's defective and the responsibility lies with the seller, they then claim from their wholesaler or Joyetech if they bought direct- possible depending on the country.

Thanks!  That's what I suspected.  Have contacted the seller (USA) again, will see if they honor warranty.

I've seen all the "reviews", which are what led me to try it, but I've not yet seen an "day-to-day user" reports commenting on features, performance, likes/dislikes or issues.

(08-04-2018, 01:08 AM)Stinger Wrote:  
(08-04-2018, 12:33 AM)Ippolit Wrote:  Nasty. That part is integral to the sliding part of the top and is ofc not user replaceable.

Thanks!  That's what I suspected.  Have contacted the seller (USA) again, will see if they honor warranty.

I've seen all the "reviews", which are what led me to try it, but I've not yet seen an "day-to-day user" reports commenting on features, performance, likes/dislikes or issues.

I've been using a production Riftcore as my daily for about 7 weeks.

Positives- flavour is excellent, clouds more than enough even at lowish power. So easy to rewick, I use fairly thick Muji pad x 2 pieces. I recently discarded the supplied cotton I found it to be a bit too fragile.. Cotton has not gummed up quickly. Tank has not leaked through seals, obviously no gurgling or flooding.

I have had occasional popping on first use of the day, likely to be condensation of water. I found that immediately after the last use of the day, blowing very gently into a vent hole reduced that, possibly by removing any lingering vapour.

Negs- You have to be very accurate with the thickness and placing of the cotton or liquid can escape past the cotton down into the air vent area. Some report the same if you use too much cotton 8)

The bottom glass seal can be tricky to replace in its groove accurately, I recently discovered it twists easily.

The tank gets warmer than I would like even at my favoured 30W.

No other issues experienced.

If you explain that the part is not user replaceable as it's integral to the cap and has broken in normal use- they should not be able to wriggle out of it. 8) Do let us know how you get on, good luck!

RE: Riftcore - CosmicTruth - 08-04-2018

The beta version did not have the silicone insulator at the fill port:
[Image: NfhSwNP.jpg]
There may be a silicone gasket on the bottom of the sliding top cap?
... Confirmed there is a piece of silicone on the bottom of the top cap that is a seal, as it all looks to be press fitted it looks to be a non user serviceable part. The seller should have a warranty at least 30 days.

(08-04-2018, 03:49 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  ... Confirmed there is a piece of silicone on the bottom of the top cap that is a seal, as it all looks to be press fitted it looks to be a non user serviceable part. The seller should have a warranty at least 30 days.

Yes that's what I said. It's integral and not user serviceable.

I'm not clear on US consumer law, in UK it is 1 year but can be 2 for some defects, in some EU it's even longer! 30 days seems rather short.

RE: Riftcore - bey1012 - 08-07-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:32 AM)Ippolit Wrote:  
(08-04-2018, 03:49 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  ... Confirmed there is a piece of silicone on the bottom of the top cap that is a seal, as it all looks to be press fitted it looks to be a non user serviceable part. The seller should have a warranty at least 30 days.

Yes that's what I said. It's integral and not user serviceable.

I'm not clear on US consumer law, in UK it is 1 year but can be 2 for some defects, in some EU it's even longer! 30 days seems rather short.

it is pressed fitted, and the seal is just in a bad place, it should have been on the bottom and not on the top part. if you are careful you can get the part off but it is not easy trying to put the seal back in. and there is a ball baring and spring.

RE: Riftcore - Stinger - 08-08-2018

The vendor has agreed to take it back as defective.  They won't simply exchange it, but will give in-store credit for the purchase price.

So I will purchase another and hope this one was a rare defect.

I am a firm believer is the KISS principle and think they should have kept a screw-on top.

These sliding tops (showing up on others brands as well) introduce an unnecessary mechanical complexity that is more prone to failure and misbehaving.

The Riftcore took 3 steps forward with the coil-less system, then 2 steps backward with the sliding top. I suspect we'll see an "improved" version in the not to distant future.

ps. why isn't there a specific "Riftcore" forum yet?  Still too new?