Joyetech Social
Cuboid 25 AMP limit - Printable Version

+- Joyetech Social (http://social.joyetech.com)
+-- Forum: Question, Suggestion & Feedback (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Specific Products Discussion (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+---- Forum: Cuboid Series (http://social.joyetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Cuboid 25 AMP limit (/showthread.php?tid=2489)

Pages: 1 2

Cuboid 25 AMP limit - xackoff - 01-30-2016

Hello.

I've purchased Cuboid, and while it is shipping I've read on the forums that it has an internal 25 amp limit it will not let you fire through.

This is a deal breaker for me actually, because I'm very used to my old iPV3 Li where I can comfortably push 140 watts on a 0.14ohm build.

Can you please give me an explanation why the limit is even there?
Can I remove/disable it?
Because if I can't, I believe I should get a refund for false advertising.

Thank you,
Daniel.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - Kermit - 01-30-2016

Hey Daniel, yes there's the 25A limit for Cuboid with overall consideration.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - xackoff - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 11:33 AM)Kermit Wrote:  Hey Daniel, yes there's the 25A limit for Cuboid with overall consideration.

This is plain stupid. All modern regulated series 150W+ box mods from other manufacturers don't have this "protection"/limitation.

There are a lot of coil builds that demand a lot of watts at low resistances, and I am very much used to those builds.
I specifically bought it to ditch my old iPV3 Li, but it seems that a year old device is just plain better than new Cuboid.

And almost all high drain LG/Samsung/Sony 18650 cells can be pushed way higher then their 20A CDR when pulsed so there is absolutely no reason to limit the user this way.

I really hope that this is just a bad firmware design decision to "protect" the user and not a hardware limitation due to crappy wiring.

So I am really looking for a new firmware that will fix this outrageous nuisance.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - bey1012 - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 12:16 PM)xackoff Wrote:  
(01-30-2016, 11:33 AM)Kermit Wrote:  Hey Daniel, yes there's the 25A limit for Cuboid with overall consideration.

This is plain stupid. All modern regulated series 150W+ box mods from other manufacturers don't have this "protection"/limitation.

There are a lot of coil builds that demand a lot of watts at low resistances, and I am very much used to those builds.
I specifically bought it to ditch my old iPV3 Li, but it seems that a year old device is just plain better than new Cuboid.

And almost all high drain LG/Samsung/Sony 18650 cells can be pushed way higher then their 20A CDR when pulsed so there is absolutely no reason to limit the user this way.

I really hope that this is just a bad firmware design decision to "protect" the user and not a hardware limitation due to crappy wiring.

So I am really looking for a new firmware that will fix this outrageous nuisance.

i may be wrong but to have a higher AMP limit wouldn't the battery have to have a higher AMP limit? say you are using LG HG2 that have a 20A rating, they would not even reach the 25A limit of the device. but would limit the type of coil you could use. but if you use SONY VTC4 that have a 30A rating, the device would max out at 25A depending on the coil. so because this is a Series box mod it adds the voltage of the two batteries, but keeps the same amperage rating. you're still limited to the types of batteries used with or without the devices AMP protection. but yes i do think they should up the limit to accommodate higher AMP batteries that you can buy. 舌 sorry if i make so sense i'm really tired 舌 微笑

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - peter-k - 01-30-2016

Actually most newer devices have a Voltage and a A limitation implemented, if not all.

There are few may be only two 18650 batteries in tbe market which can reliable supply 30 A on pulse basis.

I did not want to say anything to the subject, but honest, IMO the request is 100 % silly. Now you can hate me if you like, I don't care. Nobody in the worlds needs to put 30 A into his mouth, even 25 A pushes it actually.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - xackoff - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 07:44 PM)peter-k Wrote:  There are few may be only two 18650 batteries in tbe market which can reliable supply 30 A on pulse basis.

Please don't comment on things when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, thank you.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - bey1012 - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 07:44 PM)peter-k Wrote:  Actually most newer devices have a Voltage and a A limitation implemented, if not all.

There are few may be only two 18650 batteries in tbe market which can reliable supply 30 A on pulse basis.

I did not want to say anything to the subject, but honest, IMO the request is 100 % silly. Now you can hate me if you like, I don't care. Nobody in the worlds needs to put 30 A into his mouth, even 25 A pushes it actually.

you do know a NI200 .15 coil uses 23A at 80W.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - peter-k - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 03:29 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  Everyone is entitled to there opinion even if you don't agree with it .you  posted a question on a public forum lose the attitude .......

Thanks.

And this opinion is:
- Nickel was the wrong idea for vaping material
- below 0.3 ohms is unsafe

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - Zun - 02-01-2016

A 25Amps output doesn't mean a 25Amps drain on the batteries. A limit on the input current would have been a good safety, but the actual limitation doesn't really make sense.

Some of you might be perfecty ok with it, but I find this limitation quite crippling.

RE: Cuboid 25 AMP limit - peter-k - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 07:48 PM)Zun Wrote:  A 25Amps output doesn't mean a 25Amps drain on the batteries.

Not necessarily but still, can please explain this a little?